Workers of companies with over 100 employees are entitled to ________ if they are not given 60 days advance warning in cases of a mass separation.
A) 30 days income
B) 60 days income
C) 90 days income
D) continuing health benefits
104) Critics of the WARN Act argue that employees should not be given notification because:
A) litigation is more likely to occur.
B) employees will demand more pay.
C) employee productivity is likely to decline.
D) competitors may try to hire departing workers.
105) York Enterprises is a unionized firm on the verge of conducting layoffs. Which of the following factors is most likely the primary determinant in layoff decisions?
106) The use of seniority as a layoff criterion:
A) is not common among most modern organizations.
B) tends to impact women and minorities more than other groups.
C) tends to be the most difficult layoff criterion to implement.
D) is the only safe option in today's HRM legal environment.
107) The use of seniority as a layoff criterion has some drawbacks, including:
A) adverse impacts on white males.
B) the frequent contests from unions.
C) the loss of top performers.
D) documentation difficulties.
108) The use of performance as a layoff criterion:
A) usually protects firms from discrimination suits.
B) disproportionately affects women and minorities.
C) tends to eliminate older workers rather than younger workers.
D) can be problematic due to inconsistent management documentation.
109) Glenda has been an employee at your curtain manufacturing company for over 6 years. During the past six months, Glenda's productivity has decreased by almost 15 percent as documented by her manager. In addition, you need to reduce the workforce in order to trim employee costs. Your best option is to:
A) bump Glenda from her job with a younger employee.
B) use performance as the basis for laying off Glenda.
C) force Glenda to take early retirement.
D) offer Glenda incentives to quit.
110) When implementing a layoff, employees should first be informed:
A) through a company memo.
B) by their supervisor over the phone.
C) in a work unit meeting with HR present.
D) by their supervisor in a face-to-face meeting.
111) The information given in the initial meeting between a manager and an employee who is being laid off should include:
A) reasons why the employee is being laid off.
B) time for the employee to debate the layoff.
C) comments about the employee's recent appraisal.
D) how much severance pay the employee will receive.
112) While no time is a good time for a termination, the best time seems to be:
B) Friday afternoon.
C) during vacation.
D) early in the workweek.
Real GDP is $14,100 Billion and Natural Real GDP is $14,400 Billion. MPC = 0.6. In order to close this recessionary gap, there needs to be an initial injection of spendin...Aug 18 2021
The following table contains figures on the monthly volume and unit costs for a random sample of 16 items from a list of 2.000 inventory items at a health care facility: ...Aug 24 2020
Question #3 Apply diagonalization process to the following matrix, if possible. 2 -1 -1 A= - 1 2 -1 1 - 1 2 That is find matrix P and a diagonal matrix D such that A=PDP-...May 31 2021
Nike has announced its most expensive shoe ever -- the LeBron X basketball shoes, expected to sell for $315 -- pushing the upper limit of consumer dedication to the brand...Jul 30 2021
You need to borrow $275,000 for 4 months at a stated rate of 6.5%.Amount borrowed$275,000Annual Interest Rate6.5%Length of Loan (months)4Loan Periods in a Year3Dollar Amo...Jun 15 2021
Assume that an individual has to decide between a two-day vacation and a three-day vacation to the same place. If he uses optimization in differences, he will:A) only thi...Mar 14 2020
Beck was the general manager of Chilkoot Lumber Co. Haines sold fuel to the company. To persuade Haines to sell on credit, Beck signed a paper by which he promised to pay...Aug 11 2021
Draw a valid Lewis structure for each ion:(a) OCl(b) CH3OMay 24 2021
The standard potential for the reduction of AgSCN(s) is +0.0895 V.AgSCN(s) + e Ag(s) + SCNaqUsing this value and the electrode potential for Agaq),calculate the Ksp for AgSCN.Aug 23 2021
Can demonstrate in 550-750 words to your instructor that you have done the reading Please be complete and thorough. Please spell check and ensure you are using appropria...Feb 15 2020