With a WAN, an organization can place communications lines wherever it wants because all l
With a WAN, an organization can place communications lines wherever it wants because all lines reside on its premises.
2) A protocol is a set of rules that two communicating devices follow.
3) A Local Area Network (LAN) would be used to connect computers located in Seattle and Philadelphia.
4) Each wired computer or printer on the LAN has a network interface card (NIC).
5) An access point is a special purpose computer that receives and transmits wired traffic on the LAN.
6) Very few LAN connections are made using unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable.
7) Optical fiber cables carry light ray signals.
8) The most popular protocol for WAN is the IEEE 802.3 protocol.
9) The IEEE 802.3 protocol is used for wired LAN connections.
10) Bluetooth is a wireless protocol that can transmit data over long distances.