With ________, users access networks from different locations, but not while in motion fr
With ________, users access networks from different locations, but not while in motion from site to site.
A) mobile access
B) remote access
C) nomadic access
D) mobile computing
3) Which of the following is the best example of nomadic access?
A) use of teleconferencing, Webinars, and videoconferencing, to facilitate collaboration
B) a businessman accessing a network at work while at home or on vacation
C) a professional accessing the Web or email while riding in a train or on an airplane
D) use of cameras and motion-sensing equipment to issue tickets for red light and speeding violations
4) ________ are devices that wirelessly connect to a WAN using cell phone technology and provide wireless connectivity to computers located in close proximity to the hub.
A) Wireless hotspot hubs
B) Ethernet hubs
C) Network switches
D) Wireless repeater
5) ________ refers to the use of networked computers while in motion.
A) Remote access
B) Mobile access
C) Remote desktop software
D) Nomadic access
6) Dodge offers ________ in its Ram trucks for contractors who need a nomadic office at construction sites.
A) network switches
B) wireless hotspot hubs
C) network taps
D) wireless repeaters
7) Which of the following is an example of mobile access?
A) a professional accessing a network at work while at home or on vacation
B) the use of teleconferencing, Webinars, and videoconferencing, to facilitate collaboration
C) a businessman accessing the Web or email while riding in a train or on an airplane
D) the use of cameras and motion-sensing equipment to issue tickets for red light and speeding violations
8) Client virtualization is also called ________.
A) network virtualization
B) memory virtualization
C) desktop virtualization
D) storage virtualization
9) Client virtualization ________.
A) hosts multiple operating systems
B) creates a virtualized network addressing space within or across network subnets
C) completely abstracts logical storage from physical storage
D) enables users to run their desktop on different computers
10) ________ virtualization is the one in which one operating system acts as a host to other operating systems.
11) ________ can be divided into two categories: Communication at a distance and action at a distance.
A) Mobile computing
B) Nomadic access
C) Remote access
D) Mobile access
12) Which of the following is an example of action at a distance?
D) Youtube videos
13) Which of the following is the most likely consequence of communication at a distance?
A) Routine work will move to the highest bidders.
B) Recreational travel will occupy a smaller proportion of the travel industry.
C) Management and managers will have to become multicultural.
D) Experts such as lecturers will have smaller audiences.
14) Which of the following is a possible consequence of action at a distance?
A) It reduces the need for local support staff.
B) It decreases the value of superior skills.
C) It increases the value of robotics.
D) It increases the value of local mediocrity.
15) Which of the following is a possible consequence of communication at a distance on industry structure?
A) It will lower the entry barriers for substitute products and services.
B) More and more routine work will go to the highest bidder.
C) Rivalry between companies will decrease as each will have a wider market.
D) Personal and professional life become blended because workers are always reachable.