Who is the author What is the political and historical context in Japan at the time this book is published
Who is the author? What is the political and historical context in Japan at the time this book is published?
2) Who is Master Nankai? What is his role?
3) What does the Gentleman of Western Learning believe? Why?
4) What does the Champion of the East believe? Why?
5) Do they ever agree? On what?
6) Whom do you agree with the most? Why?
7) Although written in 1887 in Japan, does this book have universal messages beyond Japan and beyond the late 19th century? What do you think?
-Your review must be five full pages minimum, and seven full pages maximum.
-Double-space, size 12 font, one inch margins top/bottom/right/left.
-Page numbers at bottom of page or top right
-Do not use lengthy quotations. When/if you do use quotations, use parenthetical citations; for example, (p. 61).