Which of the following statements least describes play?
a.Play contributes toward mastery as children practice skills.
b.Play provides occasions to work through emotions.
c.Play teaches specific skills, especially when teachers structure play situations.
d.Play offers opportunities to assimilate and integrate life experiences.
42. Many experts have expressed concern that today’s children do not have enough opportunities to engage in play. This is because of
a.increased academic pressure in early childhood programs.
b.overuse of television and electronic devices.
c.over-scheduling of young children’s lives into adult-organized activities.
d.All of these answers.
43. According to Mildred Parton’s research on children’s play,
a.older children never revert to earlier forms of play.
b.older children engage in earlier forms of play but at a more complex level.
c.only older children engage in social play.
d.“unoccupied behavior” is the most common play behavior of younger preschoolers.
44. When children use similar materials or use toys in a similar manner but do not interact with each other, this play category is called
a.unoccupied behavior.c.associative play.
b.solitary play.d.parallel play.
45. When children interact and even share some of their materials, but are not really engaged in a common activity, this play category is called
a.constructive play.c.associative play.
b.functional play.d.parallel play.
46. Smilansky’s categories of play are based primarily on children’s increasing abilities in ____ development.
Lolita, an intelligent and charming Holstein cow, consumes only two goods, cow feed (made of ground corn and oats) and hay. Her preferences are represented by the utili...Mar 29 2020
Finding a Definite Integral The functionIs defined on [0, 1], as shown in the figure. Show thatDoes not exist. Does this contradict Theorem 4.4? Why or why not?Aug 13 2021
45) From this information we can say the following about labour productivity. b) between 2007 and 2008, labour productivity improved. between 2007 and 2008, labour produc...May 07 2021
2. DETAILS SSTCALC6 4.5.056. Find A so that lim ' x +A x x - 2A = 7. A = Submit AnswerJun 01 2021
A sample of nitrogen gas has a volume of and a pressure of . What volume would the gas occupy at if the temperature remains constant?Aug 19 2021
More than goods and services are moving across borders: as technology enables ideas and lifestyles to be observed by a variety of people around, cultures are undergoing m...Feb 14 2020
a. Construct the marginal product schedule for the production function data in the following table.b. Graph the total output and marginal product curves and identify incr...May 05 2021
Find the limit. Use L'Hospitals rule where appropriate. If there is a more elementary method, consider using it. If L'Hospitals doesn't apply, explain why.Jun 18 2021
What is the cell potential of the following half-reaction?Jul 20 2021
Why is mutual interdependence important under oligopoly but no so important under perfect competition,monopoly or monopolistic competition?May 08 2021