Which of the following is the best example of appropriate training objectives?
A) Managers will be aware of cultural diversity issues.
B) Managers will understand the ramifications of EEO law.
C) Managers will conduct personal problem-solving interviews.
D) Managers will respond to customer complaints by telephone within 24 hours.
32) The best training to ensure maximum transfer of learning to the job is:
A) computer-aided training.
B) simulation-based training.
C) classroom training.
33) The major form of entry-level training in Europe is:
B) computer based.
D) job rotation.
34) A kind of on-the-job training (OJT) that many college students are required to perform as part of their degree programs is:
C) job rotation.
D) job enrichment.
35) In the U.S., an apprenticeship would most likely be offered to:
B) graphic artists.
D) college students.
36) Which of the following is a disadvantage of OJT training?
A) Trainers lack effective teaching skills.
B) It is the most expensive type of training to conduct.
C) It tends to have the least transferability of learning the actual job.
D) Trainer-trainee relationships are strained due to customer pressures.
37) Netgear needs to provide EEO training to its middle managers. The complicated information requires extended periods of uninterrupted study. Which of the following would be most appropriate?
B) Job rotation
C) Off-the-job training
D) Mentoring by an experienced upper-level manager
38) The variability of quality and content of OJT between businesses:
A) is beneficial because of the increased diversity of abilities.
B) makes it difficult for managers to judge the skill level of workers from other firms.
C) makes OJT undesirable for small businesses that lack large HR departments.
D) makes OJT the best choice for most organizations because of the lack of distractions.
39) You are reviewing various ways to deliver EEO law training to about 400 managers. Managers need exposure to the material, and consistency of delivery is your key concern. Your best choice is the use of ________ for delivery.
C) role play
D) a simulation
40) You have a number of new hires that need to learn about the company benefit plan. They are spread throughout six offices in different states across the country. Employees typically ask a number of questions about benefits regardless of the clarity of explanations by trainers. The best presentation option in this situation would be:
C) computer-based training.
D) classroom-based training.
Jackson Corporation issued 10,000 shares of $6 par common stock for $24 per share. For this transaction, Common Stock should be credited (increased) for $240,000. 22....Jan 25 2020
Regarding Brad’s auto insurance decision, comment on the following: a. His plan to add different types of coverage to his auto insurance policy b. The associated costs of...Mar 30 2020
Garden Pro Corporation has sales of $4,235,110 income tax of $328,666 the selling general and administrative expense of $292,212 depreciation of $347,307, cost of goods s...Jun 22 2021
A major objective in advancing gas turbine engine technologies is to increase the temperature limit associated with operation of the gas turbine blades. This limit determ...May 14 2020
Incorrect answer second attempt...Please solveDown Under Boomerang, Inc., is considering a new three-year expansion project that requires an initial fixed asset investmen...Apr 03 2020
Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) is used as an antioxidant in processed foods. (It prevents fats and oils from becoming rancid.) A solution of 2.500 g of BHT in 100.0 g of ...Jun 16 2021
During the current year, Stan sells a tract of land for $800,000. The property was received as a gift from Maxine on March 10, 1995, when the property had a $310,000 FMV....May 30 2018
What is the importance of cash discounts? It is a well known fact that both buyers and sellers benefit from cash discounts as well as retailers and wholesalers. In this w...Aug 23 2020
Suppose you could borrow either using a credit card that charges 13% nominal interest per year with monthly compounding or a bank loan with 12% nominal rate compounded qu...Jan 31 2020
The comparative balance sheet of Pelican Joe Industries Inc. for December 31, 2016 and 2015, is as follows The following additional information is taken from the records:...Apr 12 2020