Which of the following is NOT one of the three principal reasons why employees need to kn
Which of the following is NOT one of the three principal reasons why employees need to know about the IS department?
A) to be a better informed and effective manager or executive
B) to be an effective consumer of the IT department's resources
C) to ensure that the functions of the IT department are performed
D) to have access to information beyond the immediate requirement of one's job description
2) Which of the following statements is true regarding the IT department's responsibility of planning for information systems (IS) and IT infrastructure?
A) While they assist the organization to achieve its goals, they do not have any particular impact on its competitive advantage.
B) IT infrastructure and systems are independent of the functioning of the other departments.
C) All projects involving IS are a part of a business system or facilitate some business goal.
D) IT infrastructure and systems are known to be particularly adaptive to changing conditions.
3) The term "agile enterprise" was coined by ________.
4) An organization that can quickly adapt to changes in the market, industry, product, law, or other significant external factors is referred to as a(n) ________.
A) functional enterprise
B) bureaucratic organization
C) network organization
D) agile enterprise
5) After planning for information systems and IT infrastructure, the next step is ________.
A) creating, developing, and adapting both information systems and IT infrastructure
B) operating and managing the information systems and IT infrastructure
C) maintaining information systems and managing IT infrastructure
D) protecting infrastructure and data from threats
6) Which of the following is true for information systems and IT infrastructure?
A) The IS department is responsible for systems development while the IT department is responsible for creating and adapting IT infrastructure.
B) The IT department is responsible for specifying standard computer systems and configurations that the IS department will support.
C) Email systems, VPNs, company blogs, and SharePoint sites are IS-based infrastructure.
D) An organization's IS and IT systems are support systems and do not have any impact on the company's bottom line.
7) When there are significant changes in an organization's workload, networks and servers should be ________ these changes.
A) resistant to
B) tuned to
C) immune to
D) unaffected by
8) Which of the following is true about protecting infrastructure and data?
A) The IT department is responsible for protecting infrastructure and data from threats.
B) One of the sources of threats to IT infrastructure is malicious human activity.
C) The responsibility of identifying threats is left to the IS department while managing these threats is the IT department's job.
D) The IS department works with the CTO and others in the organization to determine what safeguards to implement, or stated differently, what level of risk to assume.
9) ________ is another, more common title given to the vice president of information systems.
10) Other titles for the ________ include director of information services and director of computer services.