Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of U.S. labor relations?
A) Labor contracts
B) Business unionism
C) Collective bargaining focus
D) Unions structured by region
37) Business unionism tends to focus on:
A) promoting union workers to a company's board of directors.
B) improving the economic welfare of union members.
C) improving the working conditions of managers.
D) increasing employee participation in company management.
38) U.S. unions tend to be organized by:
A) their political involvement.
B) the industry they are organizing.
C) the type of job at an organization.
D) geographic region in the country.
39) Under a ________, unions and management negotiate with each other in good faith to develop work rules for union members for a specific period of time.
A) labor contract
B) collective bargaining system
C) union acceptance strategy
D) distributive bargaining agreement
40) With a collective bargaining system, the U.S. government typically:
A) favors employers.
B) favors employees.
C) plays a neutral role.
D) mediates in all areas of bargaining.
41) In the U.S., workers' economic benefits have historically been established by:
A) labor contract negotiation.
B) federal legislation.
C) government contracts.
D) work rules.
42) The U.S. labor relations system is most similar to the:
A) Swedish labor relations system.
B) U.S. court system.
C) British parliamentary system.
D) German economic system.
43) At its peak in 1945, nearly ________ of the U.S. workforce was unionized.
44) Currently the union membership rate for public-sector work is ________, more than five times higher than the membership rate in the private sector.
45) Currently, the influence of unions in the United States is:
A) decreasing in the public and private sectors.
B) decreasing among government workers.
C) increasing in the private sector.
D) increasing in the public sector.
Cheryl Colby, CFO of Charming Florist Ltd., has created the firm's pro forma balance sheet for the next fiscal year. Sales are projected to grow by 10 percent to $330 mil...Apr 11 2021
What are Harriston’s total invested capital and capital structure weights for debt and equity? (Hint: The ?rm has some short-term debt [notes payable] that is also intere...May 09 2020
Let Y be a Bernoulli random variable with success probability Pr(Y = 1) = p, and let Y_1, ..., Y_n be i.i.d. draws from this distribution. Let p be the fraction of succes...Jun 04 2020
Explain the elements of the claim of intentional infliction of emotional distress. Quote the actual elements of the claim and cite your source. Try to use the “best” sour...Aug 09 2020
Image text transcribed for accessibility: Howard Weiss, owner of a musical instrument Distributorship, thinks that demand for bass drums may be related to the number ...Aug 04 2020
Malcolm Company’s bonds have 5 years remaining to maturity. Interest is paid quarterly; the bonds have a $1,000 par value; and the coupon interest rate is12%. Would you p...May 05 2021
What should be the sign (+ or -) of each blank entry on the table of spontaneity shown below?DescriptionSpontaneous at all TNonspontaneous at all TSpontaneous at higher T...May 19 2021
Identify each of the following government programs as efforts to correct market failure, to promote or discourage the consumption of merit or demerit goods, or to transfe...Aug 21 2021
What is the theory of comparative advantage?May 10 2021
A student is asked to calculate the amount of heat involved in changing 10.0 g of liquid bromine at room temperature (22.5°C) to vapor at 59.0°C. To do this, one must kno...Jun 30 2021