1) Which of the following is most closely associated with a proactive marketing orientation?
A. It involves delivering superior value.
B. It is about understanding and meeting customers expressed needs.
C. It represents the make and sell" philosophy.
D. The marketer focuses on the customers latent or hidden needs.
2) Marketing __________ is the art and science of choosing target markets and getting, keeping, and growing customers through creating, delivering, and communicating superior customer value.
3) Business buyers ______________.
A. are geographically as diverse as consumers
B. tend to be geographically concentrated with over half of them in seven states
C. are largely concentrated in the southwestern United States
D. use geographical dispersion to keep shipping costs low
4) Toyota, the maker of the Scion brand, is using what kind of brand strategy with Scion products?
A. Separate family names
B. Blanket family names
C. Individual names
D. Corporate names
5) BMW, the maker of the Mini Cooper brand, is using what kind of brand strategy with its Mini products?
A. Individual names
B. Blanket family names
C. Separate family names
D. Corporate names
6) Brands can play a number of specific roles within a company s brand portfolio. For example, a __________ is positioned with respect to competitors brands so that more important and profitable brands retain their desired positioning.
A. cash cow
B. low-end, entry level brand
C. high-end, prestige brand
7) When Apple introduced its popular iPod Nano model, it dropped its Mini iPod at the same time. The Mini was, at the time, the most popular MP3 player in the marketplace. This is an example of __________.
A. brand extension
B. preemptive cannibalization
C. a brand shake-out
D. product maturity
8) A ___________ is when a parent brand is used on a new product targeting a new market segment within a category currently served by the parent.
A. joint-venture co-brand
B. same company co-brand
C. category extension
D. line extension
9) ___________ are formal statements of expected product performance by the manufacturer.
A. Open pricing statements
B. Promotional statements
D. General guarantees
10) Mazda s Miata convertible originally drew the most interest from women between the ages of 35 and 55. In order to interest more potential customers in the roadster, Mazda beefed up the model with heavier shocks and a faster engine, and then emphasized performance in its advertising. This is an example of creating a new product by ____________.
B. the development of a new product line
C. market diversification strategy
D. product development strategy
During March, the production department of a process operations system completed and transferred to finished goods 25,000 units that were in process at the beginning of M...Aug 08 2021
An initial investment of $180,000 is expected to generate $90,000 in annual cost savings over the asset’s expected 3-year life. Assume straight-line depreciation and igno...Jun 10 2021
A small pizza restaurant, founded and owned by the Martinelli sisters, would be expected to have which of the following?a. Low inventory turnover and high gross marginb. ...Jun 27 2020
Square root of 4?Apr 28 2020
You are considering investing in Rozok. Suppose Rozok currently paid Rs.3.25 dividend and enjoying super growth and expected to pay 35% more in dividends each year for 3 ...May 05 2021
In a sample of 8 high school students, they spent an average of 28.8 hours each week doing sports with a sample standard deviation of 3.2 hours. Find the 95% confidence i...Apr 23 2020
Cash $ 87,000Rent expense $ 10,000Depreciation expense $ 5,000Accounts payable $ 22,000office supplies $ 1,000dividends $ 9,000land $ 210,000revenues $ 340,000equi...Sep 17 2020
Carbon dioxide contained in a piston-cylinder device is compressed from 0.3 to 0.1 m3. During the process, the pressure and volume are related by P = aV-2, where a = 8kPa...May 05 2020
Following are three contributing structures for diazomethane, CH2N2. This molecule is used to make methyl esters from carboxylic acids.(a) Using curved arrows, show how e...Jun 30 2021
Which of the following is likely to increase the elasticity of demand for a good? A. A decrease in the availability of close substitutesB. A longer period of timeC. A sm...Dec 14 2019