Which of the following is included in GDP?
A) the buying and selling of securities
B) government transfer payments
C) private transfer payments
D) none of the above
22) Wheat used for producing bread is
A) a final good.
B) not going to generate any employment.
C) an intermediate good.
D) a durable good.
23) The term "value added" refers to the dollar value of
A) an industry's sales plus profits.
B) the intermediate goods purchased by an industry.
C) an industry's sales less the dollar value of the intermediate goods purchased by the industry.
D) the intermediate goods purchased by an industry plus the profits of the industry.
24) The owner of an oil well in Alberta sells 1,000 barrels of oil to a refinery in the U.S. for $12,000. This transaction
A) increases GDP by $12,000.
B) has no effect on GDP because the refinery is in the U.S.
C) decreases GDP because oil reserves have fallen by 1,000 barrels.
D) has no effect on GDP because this is the sale of an intermediate product.
25) A farmer buys seed for 15 cents that is used to grow wheat. The farmer sells the wheat to the miller for 30 cents, who makes flour. The flour is sold to the baker for 60 cents and the baker makes bread, which is sold to the grocer for 90 cents. The grocer sells the bread for $1.25. What is the value added for the miller?
A) 60 cents
B) 45 cents
C) 30 cents
D) 90 cents
26) Which of the following transactions would be included in GDP?
A) The purchase of 100 shares of Microsoft stock
B) The purchase of a government bond
C) The purchase of a litre of gasoline to run a lawn mower
D) The purchase of a stolen television set
27) GDP figures may understate the value of goods and services due to
A) the exclusion of the underground economy.
B) the inclusion of household production.
C) the inclusion of legal non-reported, non-taxed income.
D) the exclusion of the value of stocks.
28) The purchase of a share of stock is excluded in the calculation of GDP because it
A) is an intermediate good.
B) produces value added.
C) only represents the transfer of ownership rights.
D) is a final service and not a good.
29) A family sells the house they have lived in for two years to a friend. They received $150,000 and paid $120,000 two years ago. This transaction
A) Increases GDP by $150,000.
B) Increases GDP by $30,000.
C) Has no effect on GDP because the house was not made this year.
D) Has no effect on GDP because the house is an intermediate good.
30) When we use the term fixed investment, we include in investment
A) the purchase of stocks and bonds.
B) the purchase of consumer goods.
C) the purchase of private bonds, but not government bonds.
D) the purchase of equipment and other capital goods.
Change TheoryIdentify an area of practice where change theory may find applicability. Provide examples to support your answer. Comment on the inherent weaknesses in chang...Jul 27 2020
Xie Company identified the following activities, costs, and activity drivers for 2017. The company manufactures two types of go-karts: Deluxe and Basic. ActivityExpected...Jun 24 2020
ProofProve that, if P(n) and Q(n) are polynomials of degree j and k. respectively, then the seriesconverges if and diverges if fAug 17 2021
Owestion 26 Not yet answered Al Maha Company is specialized in mangoes distribution in the city of Muscat. Sales are 470 units per month. It costs OR 10 to make and recei...Apr 30 2021
In 2021, what do you think the Federal Reserve’s policy on short-term interest rates will be and will the Fed hold the line, or raise, or lower short-term interest rates?Apr 02 2021
Backyard Bulldog Barbecue Sauces, Inc., founded by Jefe Allen, produces a variety of barbecue sauces for use in outdoor grilling. Jefe is having difficulty understanding ...Sep 11 2020
Write a financial analysis for a U.S.-based, publicly traded organization.To begin, research the latest two years of financial statements for a publicly traded organizati...May 24 2020
Every chapter provides an editing exercise to fine-tune your grammar and mechanics skills. The following executive summary requires edits that address spelling, grammar, ...Aug 22 2021
Omni Corporation's accumulated depreciation increased by $12,000, while $3,400 of patent amortization was recognized between balance sheet dates. There were no purchases ...May 08 2021
Oscar, Felix, and Marv are all one-third partners in the capital and profits of Eastside General Partnership. In addition to their normal share of the partnershipâs ann...Jul 25 2021