Which of the following is an example of a security threat resulting from malicious human activity?
A) an employee who misunderstands operating procedures
B) an employee who accidentally deletes customer records
C) an employee who inadvertently installs an old database on top of the current one
D) an employee who intentionally destroys data or other system components
2) A person calls the Draper residence and pretends to represent a credit card company. He asks Mrs. Draper to confirm her credit card number. This is an example of ________.
3) Which of the following is a synonym for phishing?
A) drive-by sniffing
B) e-mail spoofing
C) IP spoofing
D) system hacking
4) ________ simply take computers with wireless connections through an area and search for unprotected wireless networks.
A) Drive-by sniffers
5) An employee carelessly releases proprietary data to the media. This is a case of ________ resulting from ________.
A) loss of infrastructure; human error
B) unauthorized data disclosure; human error
C) loss of infrastructure; malicious activity
D) unauthorized data disclosure; malicious activity
6) A ________ pretends to be a legitimate company and sends emails requesting confidential data.
C) drive-by sniffer
7) Mark recently received an email from what appeared to be a legitimate company, asking him to update and verify his credit card details. Unknowingly, he obliged and later realized that the information had been misused. Mark is a victim of ________.
8) ________ is a technique for intercepting computer communications.
9) ________ occur when bogus services flood a Web server.
A) Spoofing attacks
B) Hacking attacks
C) Phishing attacks
D) DOS attacks
10) Some unauthorized programs are able to ________ legitimate systems and substitute their own processing.
You are interested in a $1,000.00) 10-year bond that is currently selling for $1,700. If you require a 10% return on your investment, what is the minimum coupon rate you ...Aug 16 2020
Suppose that the election of a popular presidential candidate suddenly increases people's confidence in the future. Use the model of aggregate demand and aggregate supply...Jul 19 2021
Governments impose excise taxes on goods that have inelastic demand, such as cigarettes, more often than in other cases Why? >Apr 27 2020
How does the presence—or lack—of diversity of citizenship affect a lawsuit?Jul 28 2021
Give IUPAC names for the following compounds:Jul 22 2021
Use supply- and- demand diagrams to illustrate the qualitative effect of the following possible shocks on the U. S. avocado market. a. A new study shows significant healt...Jun 02 2020
The money supply is backed:A. by the government's ability to control the supply of money and therefore to keep its value relatively stable.B. by government bonds.C. dolla...Jun 05 2021
In each pair of sentences, select the one that is punctuated properly.a. IBM researchers have found that the same particles used to create silicon chips can be used to he...Jul 09 2021
Hastings Corporation is interested in acquiring Vandell Corporation. Vandell has 1 million shares outstanding and a target capital structure consisting of 30% debt; its b...Jul 02 2021
Firms that are the first to enter new markets, establish brand identity, and/or adopt new technologies, hence gaining benefits, are known as (A) First-mover advantages....Mar 23 2018