Which amortization method uses the current book value in determining amortization?
D) Double-declining balance.
12) The amortization method that allocates amortization of a plant asset based on the number of units produced is the:
A) straight-line method.
B) units-of-production method.
C) modified accelerated cost recovery method.
D) double-declining-balance method.
13) Josh Kindel purchased equipment for $60,000 plus GST at 5% on January 1, 2015. Its residual value is $4,000 with a useful life of 8 years. The amount of amortization for 2015 under the double-declining-balance method is
B) $ 7,500.
C) $ 7,000.
14) Josh Kindel purchased equipment for $60,000 plus GST at 5% on January 1, 2015. Its residual value is $4,000 with a useful life of 8 years. The amount of amortization for 2016 under the double-declining-balance method is
15) Lacy purchased equipment for $77,000 plus HST at 13% on January 1. Its residual value is $5,000 with a useful life of 9 years. The amount of amortization in the first year under the straight-line method is
16) Jason Moore purchased computer equipment for $2,800 plus HST at 13% on January 1, 2014. It has a residual value of $400 with a useful life of 4 years. After the appropriate adjusting entries have been made, the balance in Accumulated Amortization account for this asset on January 1, 2016, under the straight-line method, should be
17) J. Long purchased computer equipment for $5,000 plus HST at 13% on January 1, 2014. It has a residual value of $500 with a useful life of 5 years. After the appropriate adjusting entries are made, the book value of the asset on December 31, 2014, under the double-declining-method, is
18) J. Long purchased computer equipment for $5,000 plus HST at 13% on January 1, 2014. It has a residual value of $500 with a useful life of 5 years. After the appropriate adjusting entries are made, the book value of the asset on December 31, 2015, under the double-declining-method, is
19) Straight-line amortization is used in the first year when double-declining-balance should be used. This error would cause
A) the period's net income to be overstated.
B) the period's net income to be understated.
C) the period end assets to be understated.
D) None of these are correct.
20) What would the amortization be in year 3 for a computer system using the straight-line method when cost is $5,000 plus HST at 13%, residual value is $1,000, and the expected life is 4 years?
Identify a current Wall Street Journal article that references a company being impacted by a significant change in the Corporate Life Cycle as described in the Credit Sui...Nov 27 2019
How global is (a) your product range? (b) the market segments that it serves? (c) the resources used in producing the product range? (d) the workforce?Nov 26 2019
In the Shark Tank episode on Grease Monkey Wipes, Tim and Erin ask for $40,000 for a 40% stake in the company. What type of business funding were Tim and Erin seeking? A....Aug 13 2020
Roll a balanced die and let the outcome be X. Then toss a fair coin X times and let Y denote the number of tails. Find Cov(X, Y ) and interpret the result. Hint: Let p(...Aug 03 2020
Thanks for you help- Here is the questionConsider the following setting of bilateral precaution. Bicyclists who ride at night can reduce the risk of getting hit by a car ...May 30 2020
What storage device can be used to create an index sequential file? (a)ISAM (b)Direct Access (c)Sequential access (d)Tape (e)Hashed.Dec 29 2017
A toy car runs off the edge of a table The table is high and the car lands from the base of the table How long does It take the toy car to hit the ground What was the v...Feb 06 2020
Which one of the following is most apt to align management's priorities with shareholders' interests?A. Increasing employee retirement benefitsB. Compensating managers wi...Sep 01 2020
The two managerial practices that emerged from Taylor's scientific management are piece-rate incentive system and [A]Time and motion study[B]Work study[C]Fatigue study[D]...Mar 08 2018
Noise in laser imaging. Penumbrol imaging is a technique used by nuclear engineers for imaging objects (e.g., X-rays and lasers) that emit high-energy photons. In IEICE T...Aug 07 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.