When whistleblowing occurs in a company, management should most likely:
A) use an informal investigation process.
B) discharge the employee to prevent further problems.
C) take immediate action if the allegations are verified.
D) guarantee whistleblowing employees lifetime employment.
74) Moonlighting is best defined as:
A) holding a second job outside normal working hours.
B) disclosing an employer's illegal practices.
C) applying for a job with a competitor.
D) working to acquire overtime pay.
75) Which of the following questions is LEAST relevant to determining how to handle a moonlighting employee?
A) Has moonlighting affected the employee's job performance?
B) Is the employee using company assets for the second job?
C) How much compensation does the second employer pay?
D) Is the second employer a competitor of the firm?
76) Which of the following is a true statement about office romances?
A) Most workers disapprove of office dating.
B) Only a small percentage of firms have no-dating policies.
C) Over half of all employees report having had an office romance.
D) The majority of companies have a formal written policy about office dating.
Additional Case 14.1
You are the HR director at Catalina Manufacturing. The firm is considering random drug testing for employees at its California, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas facilities. Management believes that the assembly of high explosive devices and a recent rash of drug-related accidents make drug testing imperative.
77) Refer to Additional Case 14.1. You should most likely advise management that initiating random drug testing in California is:
A) strongly supported by the court system.
B) not permitted under any circumstances.
C) only allowed if the employer is a government contractor.
D) not permitted unless the employer has a compelling interest.
78) Refer to Additional Case 14.1. Generally speaking, random drug testing in Catalina's various facilities will most likely be:
A) permitted by Supreme Court rulings.
B) guided by the court rulings of each state.
C) meeting EEOC guidelines of disparate treatment.
D) challenged in court due to employee privacy rights guaranteed by the Constitution.
79) Refer to Additional Case 14.1. To receive maximum support from employees, Catalina's HR department should most likely communicate the need for drug testing as a:
A) management right.
B) way to improve productivity.
C) safety measure for all employees.
D) tool for lowering health insurance costs.
80) Refer to Additional Case 14.1. Which of the following is the most appropriate alternative to random drug testing at Catalina?
A) Initiating an EAP
B) Conducting additional safety training
C) Using computer-based performance tests
D) Requiring honesty tests during recruiting and screening
81) Refer to Additional Case 14.1. Which of the following questions is LEAST relevant to implementing a random drug-testing policy at Catalina?
A) How can managers make comparisons of drug test results?
B) How should employees with positive drug test results be treated?
C) How will managers maintain security over urine samples?
D) How can employees legally using prescription drugs be protected?
7-38 Evaluate the integral. 7.1*64 x dx X-6 dr 9.1 X-9 dx (x + 5)(x - 2) 10. 1 di (1 + 4)(t - 1) X-1 12. Cz + 3x + 2 dx 1-dx 13. 13. ax dx x-bx 14. 1 dx (x + a)(x + b) 1...May 10 2021
39) McDavid's Hamburgers sells only two kinds of hamburger: "The Pip-Squeak" and the "Big Dave". Last year, Mcdavid's sold 20,000 “Pip-Squeaks", selling them for $2.50 ea...May 07 2021
A student determines the molar mass of acetone, , by the method used in this experiment. She found that the equilibrium temperature of a mixture of ice and water was on...May 17 2021
Identify errors in possessive construction in the following sentences. Write the correct form in the space provided. Each sentence contains one error.One years interest o...Jun 15 2021
Determine the annualized implied repo rate on a Treasury bond spread in which the March is bought at 98.7 and the June is sold at 99.5. The March CF is 1.225 and the June...May 30 2020
the cow is tethered to the corner of the shell. if the length of the rope is 5 and the shed haas length is 4 and width is 3, what is the maximum area accessible to the cow?Aug 09 2020
Suppose that a particular country currently does not allow international trade in cotton. Also, the world price of cotton is higher than the domestic price of cotton. If ...Jul 06 2021
for this article could you explain the causes of a shift in demand from part 5 of this article only.and the same for supplyhttp://marketrealist.com/2017/01/impact-chinese...Mar 17 2020
Which of the following is NOT an element of a seller's decision-making process in a perfectly competitive market?A) The relationship between inputs and outputB) The c...Mar 14 2020
Derive the Reinsch form Sλ = (I+λK)−1 for the smoothing spline.Jun 03 2020