When HP Computers began to sell directly to the public, some retailers resented the compe
When HP Computers began to sell directly to the public, some retailers resented the competition and stopped carrying HP products in their stores. This is an example of ________.
B) channel conflict
D) the bullwhip effect
22) Which of the following expenses are likely to increase for manufacturers who use e-commerce to sell directly to consumers?
A) procurement expenses
B) advertising expenses
C) production expenses
D) customer-service expenses
23) Web 2.0 companies ________.
A) sell software licenses
B) offer their software as a product
C) provide software as a free service
D) lock down all the legal rights they can
24) Web 2.0 applications ________.
A) must be installed on users' computers
B) are thick clients
C) have infrequent, controlled releases
D) are downloaded as Silverlight code
25) Traditional software companies rely on ________ for revenue
A) software license fees
26) In the Web 2.0 world, the value of a site increases ________.
A) over time
C) as the investments in it increase
D) with users and use
27) In the Web 2.0 world, no marketing is done. New product features are released and vendors wait for users to spread the news to one another, one friend sending a message to many friends; most of whom send that message, in turn, to their friends; and so forth, in a process called ________.
A) affiliate marketing
B) viral marketing
D) network marketing
28) On some sites, users can provide customer support to one another, or even participate in the creation of product specifications, designs, and complete products in a process called ________.
A) social capitalization
B) mashing up
D) electronic exchanging
29) Traditional sites are about ________; Web 2.0 is about ________.
A) publishing; participation
B) mash ups; crowdsourcing
C) organic experiences; controlled experiences
D) B2C e-commerce; B2B e-commerce
30) When the output from two or more Web sites is combined into a single user experience it is called a(n)________.
A) social network
D) electronic exchange