When a firm decides to shut down in the short run, its losses are limited to its fixed costs.
74) Assume a firm is currently producing 800 units of output, P = $10, MC = $10, ATC = $8, and AVC = $6. In this case, the firm is maximizing its profit, which equals $1,600.
75) Assume a firm is facing the following situation: At Q = 1,000, P = $10, MC = $10, ATC = $18, and AVC = $16. This firm should shut down and, in so doing, limit its losses to $2,000.
76) The perfectly competitive firm's supply curve is that portion of the marginal cost curve that lies above the firm's average total cost curve.
77) If the level of output produced by the firms in a perfectly competitive market has no effect on the prices of the inputs used by the firms, the market supply curve will be flatter than the supply curve for an individual firm in the market.
78) In the short run, a perfectly competitive firm can earn positive, zero, or negative profit depending on the market price of the firm's output.
79) In the model of the perfectly competitive firm, the firm's fixed costs are equal to its implicit costs of production.
80) Assume the market price is greater than average total cost at the perfectly competitive firm's profit-maximizing level of output. In this case, the firm is earning positive economic profits, which act as an incentive for new firms to enter the market.
81) When the firms in a perfectly competitive market are incurring economic losses, some of the firms will exit the market, causing the supply curve to shift left and market price to rise until losses incurred by the remaining firms are eliminated.
82) Assume there is a decrease in the supply of a product produced in a perfectly competitive market. All else constant, in the short run this will cause the profits of firms that produce substitutes for the good in question to increase.
The molecule nitrosyl chloride, , has a skeleton structure of O-N-Cl. Two resonance forms can be written. What are these? Using the formal charge stability rules, which r...Jun 21 2021
Which of the following are discussion groups located on commercial websites that link users to libraries, directories or chat rooms? [A]Bulletin boards [B]Web communiti...Dec 21 2017
You have sent confirmations to 40 customers of Berg Shovick Express, a long-time audit client experiencing some financial difficulty. The company sells specialized high-t...Apr 05 2020
Your oldest daughter is about to start kindergarten at a private school. Tuition is $30,000 per year, payable at the beginning of the school year. You expect to keep your...Jun 04 2021
Customer profitability and ethics. KC Corporation manufactures an air-freshening device called GoodAir, which it sells to six merchandising firms. The list price of a Goo...Jul 16 2020
Who plays the largest role in providing the technical and financial support for recovery?2. What is a Disaster Recovery Center?3. Which office is the central coordination...May 02 2020
Proof For a smooth curve given by the parametric equations , prove that the curvature is given byAug 06 2021
"[O]wnership and control can be separated to the benefit of large shareholders." Discuss this statement citing appropriate literature. Make sure to: i) explain how owners...Apr 18 2021
How does increased pressure drop across a filter affect system operation?Jun 10 2021
Which of the following is a common perceived pressure?a. The ability to outsmart others.b. Opportunity to cheat others.c. A financial need.d. The ability to "borrow" mone...Aug 12 2021