What type of market do Australian Banks operate in?
Australian Banks are in a competitive type ofmarket
How has the GlobalFinancial Crisis affected competition in this market? Explain your answer.
The global financial crisis has affected the market negatively in various ways.
· Inflation experienced resulted to a rise in interest rates.
· The Australian government is forced to guarantee deposits in all financial institutions.
· There is an increase in financial markets and global growth prospects were deteriorating.
· The bank default rate on loans rises because of poor mortgage prices, therefore borrowers started to fall in arrears in payments of mortgage loans while some walked away from their debt that had accrued to more than their home value (Sowell, 2010).
· Due to the financial crisis Australian household net savings rate was affected negatively.
· The impact on Australia intensified where institutions that relied heavily on financing, especially from offshore could not survive because they found it further and further expensive to do a refinancing of maturing debts(Sowell, 2010).
· Increased funding margins for Australian and international banks also led to a general widening of credit outside financial sector. The spread widening injured overall performance due to fixed income of Australian
· The stock and forex market also suffered, this is because the present investors pulled out of the Australian market while potential investors had no confidence investing in an economy where they were not guaranteed of good returns (Sowell, 2010).
· Real economy was affected by tighter lending standards, weak consumer confidence and forecast of a slow demand for Australian commodities internationally.
Why is evaluating training an important part of strategic training?May 13 2020
On September 14, 2014, Jay purchased a passenger automobile that is used 75 percent in his accounting business. The automobile has a basis for depreciation purposed of $3...Mar 26 2020
The management of Shatner Manufacturing Company is trying to decide whether to continue manufacturing a part or to buy it from an outside supplier. The part, called CISCO...Aug 13 2020
The following selected accounts and balances appear on the adjusted trial balance for Sparkle, Inc., on July 31, 2012: Service Revenue ......................................Apr 11 2020
What is meant if the price of a Corporate Bond trades for 103 Â½ and 87 Â¾ ?Sep 05 2020
Richmond Rent-A-Car is about to go public. The investment banking firm of Tinkers, Evers and Chance is attempting to price the issue. The car rental industry generally tr...Aug 11 2020
The managerial grid identified five specific leadership styles. Which leader believes that thoughtful attention to the needs of people for a satisfying relationship leads...Apr 04 2018
Match the options with the descriptions provided. Choose the best answer. Options may be used more than once or not at all. As a result of complications during childbirth...Apr 08 2021
Candidate Santorum complains that the Court improperly created a new right. Yet, most people view the right of privacy as a natural right that comes from Nature/ "God." T...Apr 19 2021
How are health services paid for? Any roles for the government here?Sep 06 2020