What is the dominant religion in Latin America?
D) traditional Amerindian religion
E) none of the above
22) Where is Iguaçu Falls located?
A) on the Paraná River, where Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay meet
B) on the Amazon River in central Brazil
C) on the Orinoco River in Venezuela
D) between Mexico and Guatemala
E) on the Magdalena River in Colombia
23) Columbus landed in October, 1492 in what is today ________.
A) the Bahamas
C) Dominican Republic
24) On what was the first “boom” in Manaus, Brazil based?
D) natural rubber
25) Manaus is a port on what water body?
A) the Caribbean Sea
B) the Atlantic Ocean
C) the Pacific Ocean
D) the Orinoco River
E) the Amazon River
26) In the 1970s, this Brazilian region was seen by the Brazilian government as a pressure valve for landless and impoverished peasants in other regions and as a way of securing national territory through settlement.
A) the Amazon basin
B) the Northeast
C) the Southeast
D) the South
E) the area around Brasilia
27) The Treaty of Tordesillas was an agreement made by Pope Alexander VI in 1494 to divide the world between ________ and ________ along a north–south line 1100 miles west of the Cape Verde Islands.
C) Portugal/Great Britain
E) France/Great Britain
28) This is the downside of tourism.
A) pollution of oceans, reefs, and beaches by ships
B) competition for fresh water and higher food prices for local residents
C) cultural and social stresses from interactions between the wealthy visitors and poorer residents
D) prostitution and drugs
E) all of these
29) The ________ have been called Latin America's "lost decade" because of the slowdown in growth and deterioration in living standards that occurred during that decade.
E) None of these is the “lost decade” of Latin America.
30) Which of these is an example of a syncretic religious practice?
E) They all are.
The solubility of the ionic compound M2X3, having a molar mass of 288 g/mol is 3.60 x 10-7 g/L. What is the Ksp of the compound?Jul 19 2021
In a new state-of-the-earth tyre company, a piston/cylinder system has 1.5 kg of air at 300 K and 150 kPa. It is now heated in a two-step process: first, a constant-volum...Apr 26 2020
Plot the point whose polar coordinates are given. Then find the Cartesian coordinates of the point.Jul 22 2021
Carbon tetrachloride, CCl4, has a vapor pressure of 213 torr at 40°C and 863 torr at 80°C. what is the normal boiling point of CCl4Jun 24 2021
Calculate the amount of the child and dependent care credit allowed for 2008 in each of the following cases, assuming the taxpayers had no income other than the stated am...May 07 2018
Net income of the company are defined as the profit was generated, after deducting all expenses and taxes. By analyzing net income, which is determined income were genera...Aug 14 2021
Most financial statement frauds occur in large, historically profitable organizations.Aug 16 2021
A petroleum-based company has 5 large machines which are under preventive maintenance. The maintenance team is consisting of 5 operators. Operators are responsible to rep...Apr 02 2021
What is the geometric average return of the following quarterly returns: 3%, 5%, 2%, and 4%?Enter answer in percents, to two decimal places.Jul 06 2021
Solve not in excel and provide all the formulasYou are a sales representative of an Estonian company and your job is to broker domestic wild berries to the UK market. You...Aug 14 2020