What is an IP address? It is a protocol that specifies the routing of the pieces of yo
What is an IP address?
A) It is a protocol that specifies the routing of the pieces of your data communication through the networks that comprise any internet (including the Internet).
B) It is a number that identifies a particular device.
C) It is a piece of a message that is handled by programs that implement IP.
D) It is a program that breaks your traffic up into pieces and sends each piece along its way.
32) A(n) ________ is a unique name that is affiliated with a public IP address.
C) domain name
D) assigned name
33) Which of the following means an address on the internet?
34) Which of the following is a component of the user tier?
A) computers that have browsers that request and process Web pages
B) computers that run Web servers and process application programs
C) computers that run a DBMS that processes SQL requests
D) computers that work to minimize customer delays in a facility called a Web farm
35) In the three-tier architecture arrangement, what is the second tier?
A) web tier
B) database tier
C) server tier
D) user tier
36) A ________ receives requests from users via the Web server, takes some action, and returns a response to the users via the Web server.
A) database server
B) commerce server
D) Web farm
37) Which of the following is true of Web servers?
A) They are not programs.
B) They run on a user tier computer.
C) They can manage items in a shopping cart.
D) They send and receive Web pages to and from clients.
38) ________ is the most common language for defining the structure and layout of Web pages.
39) What is a VPN?
A) It is a markup language that fixes several HTML deficiencies and is commonly used for program-to-program interaction over the Web.
B) It uses the Internet to create private point-to-point connections.
C) It is an add-on to browsers that was developed by Adobe and is useful for providing animation, movies, and other advanced graphics inside a browser.
D) It is the most common language for defining the structure and layout of Web pages.
40) Which of the following is true of VPN?
A) VPN communications are secure even though they are transmitted over the public Internet.
B) One disadvantage of VPN is that it does not encrypt messages.
C) Remote access is difficult in case of VPN.
D) It is a virtual, private pathway over a public or shared network from the client to the server.