Using the direct write-off method.
1) The two methods of accounting for uncollectible receivables are the direct write-off method and the
A) equity method.
B) allowance method.
C) interest method.
D) cost method.
2) The two methods of accounting for uncollectible receivables are the allowance method and the
A) cost method.
B) interest method.
C) direct write-off method.
D) equity method.
3) In the direct write-off method, writing off an account causes
A) an increase in expense.
B) an increase in Accounts Receivable.
C) a decrease in the Allowance account.
D) an increase in Liabilities.
4) San Francisco Tours collected $90 on an account that had been directly written off the previous year. The journal entry to record the transaction would include
A) a debit to Allowance for Doubtful Accounts.
B) a debit to Bad Debts Recovered.
C) a credit to Bad Debts Recovered.
D) a credit to Bad Debts Expense.
5) A company is not able to reasonably estimate its bad debts expense. The method it may use is
A) net realizable value method.
B) direct write-off method.
C) aging method.
D) income statement method.
6) If the direct write-off method of accounting for uncollectible receivables is used, what general ledger account is credited to write off a customer's account as uncollectible?
A) Bad Debts Recovered
B) Bad Debts Expense
C) Accounts Receivable
D) Interest Expense
7) What would be the basis for the following entry on a firm's records?
Bad Debt Expense150
A) The firm is using the direct write-off method.
B) The firm is writing off an uncollectible account.
C) The firm is not using the allowance method for writing off accounts.
D) All of these answers are correct.
8) Stacy's Service Bureau is able to collect an amount previously written off last year under the direct method. The journal entry will
A) decrease Bad Debts Expense.
B) increase Bad Debts Recovered.
C) decrease Accounts Receivable.
D) decrease Cash.
9) If the direct write-off method is used, the debit account to write off an uncollectible is
A) Accounts Receivable.
B) Bad Debt Expense.
C) Allowance for Doubtful Accounts.
10) When all of the cash for an account previously written off under the direct write-off method is unexpectedly collected, the correct entry would be
A) debit Bad Debt Expense and credit Accounts Receivable.
B) debit Accounts Receivable and credit Bad Debt Expense.
C) debit Cash and credit Accounts Receivable.
D) dependent on the period in which the cash was collected.
Find the equation of the bisector of pair of the obtuse angle formed by their lines 4x+2y =9 and 2x - y =8Mar 25 2020
After recently graduating from college, you have decided to start a new business. You and several of your friends have decided to sell customized jewelry to wholesalers a...Aug 17 2020
A random number generator is used to pick up ‘n’ numbers from 1 to n where n is a real number and two numbers are chosen from them. What is the probability that the numbe...Aug 07 2020
Use a weighted score model to choose between three methods (A, B. C) of financing the acquisition of a major competitor. To determine weights, note the following informat...Jul 25 2020
Assume you are working on developing the business case for a project. The initial investment is $130,000 (year 0), the project will bring an income of $30,000 every year ...May 04 2020
Saldua Company uses a monthly cost formula for overhead of P50,000 + P30.00 for each direct labor hour worked. For the coming year, Saldua plans to manufacture 200,000 un...Jun 17 2021
Prove the formula for the area of a sector of a circle with radius r and central angle . [Hint: Assume and place the center of the circle at the origin so it has the e...Jun 23 2021
Write and compare the ground-state electron configuration for each pair of elements.a. Carbon and Siliconb. Oxygen and Sulfurc. Nitrogen and PhosphorusJun 21 2021
A- Gama Company has an equipment that cost $70,000 when bought on January 1, 2020. It has estimated salvage value of $7,000 and an estimated useful life of 5 years. The c...Apr 12 2021
Underline any errors in the expression of numbers. Write the correct form in the space provided.Temperatures in Phoenix were over one hundred degrees for 8 consecutive da...Jul 21 2021