Using ratios to evaluate a stock investment Comparative financial statement data of Dangerfield, Inc. follow:
1. Market price of Dangerfield’s common stock: $76.67 at December 31, 2016, and $37.20 at December 31, 2015.
2. Common shares outstanding: 13,000 during 2016 and 11,000 during 2015 and 2014.
3. All sales are on credit.
1. Compute the following ratios for 2016 and 2015:
a. Current ratio
b. Cash ratio
c. Times-interest-earned ratio
d. Inventory turnover
e. Gross profit percentage
f. Debt to equity ratio
g. Rate of return on common stockholders’ equity
h. Earnings per share of common stock
i. Price/earnings ratio
2. Decide (a) whether Dangerfield’s ability to pay debts and to sell inventory improved or deteriorated during 2016 and (b) whether the investment attractiveness of its common stock appears to have increased or decreased.
Based on the data presented in Exercise 6-14, journalize Balboa Co.'s entries for(a) the purchase(b) the return of the merchandise for credit(c) the payment of the invoice.Apr 14 2021
The formula for novocaine, a local anesthetic, is C13H21N2O2. What is the molar mass of this compound?A)43.03 g/molD)38.00 g/molB)237.32 g/molE)4.214 ? 10–5 g/molC)2035....Feb 15 2020
Incomplete financial statements for Wu, Inc. follow: ________________________________WU, INC. ______________________________Income Statement __________________________Yea...Aug 13 2020
Use the following information to determine the total fixed costs, total variable costs, average fixed costs, average variable costs, average total costs, and marginal cos...May 06 2021
On December 31, 2010, available-for-sale securities with an original cost of $14,000 have a carrying value on the balance sheet equal to their market value of $16,000. On...Jan 25 2020
Why Question#7's answer is "false"? Provide your own answer?Sep 11 2020
1. Draw the demand curve using the quantity and demand data of chicken provided in rows 3 and 4 of the Excel file? (1 mark) 2. Draw the supply curve using the quantity an...Mar 26 2020
Which of the following molecules would exhibit resonance?A) H2O B) N2 C) NO2 D) CO2 E) CCl472. Which of the following molecules would exhi...Jan 24 2020
Kearney, Inc. makes kitchen tools. Company management believes that a new model of coffee grinder would sell well at a price of $66. The company estimates unit materials ...Mar 28 2020
A 35-kg box of beef at 6°C having a water content of 60 percent is to be frozen to a temperature of -20°C in 3 h. Using data from Figure 17–13, determine (a) the total am...Jul 19 2020