Upload US crime data and compare the burglary counts for the states of Hawaii, California, Arizona and Nevada. Your job is to identify which of the three states is most correlated to California. Make scattered plot chart with X representing California and Y representing that state in question, plot the line and compute the R-square. Answer questions 5 to 8:
5. What are the approximate slope and the R-squares on your chart? (4 points)
· a. Slope=0.048 and R-square=0.9086
· b. Slope=18.841 and R-square=0.9086
· c. Slope=0.0287 and R-square=0.7959
· d. Slope=27.753 and R-square=0.7959
6. Interpret the slope based on the chart. (4 points)
· a. One expects 0.0287 burglaries in Hawaii when there are no burglaries in California.
· b. For 100 additional burglaries in California one expects to see an increase of about 3 burglaries in Hawaii.
· c. For one additional burglary in Hawaii one expects to see an increase of about 19 burglaries in California.
· d. For 100 additional burglaries in California one expects to see an increase of about 5 burglaries in Hawaii
· e. For one additional burglary in Hawaii one expects to see an increase of about 28 burglaries in California.
7. What is the approximate Y-intercept and what is its statistical interpretation? (4 points)
· a. Y-intercept=18607. It is the predicted number of burglary in California when there are no burglaries in Hawaii
· b. Y-intercept=0.0287. It is the predicted number of burglary in Hawaii when there are no burglaries in California
· c. Y-intercept=27.753. For one additional burglary in Hawaii one expects to see an increase of about 28 burglaries in California
· d. Y-intercept= 1912.4. It is the predicted number of burglary in Hawaii when there are no burglaries in California
8. The highest dot on your chart has (approximately) the following X-coordinate. (4 points)
· a. 17822
· b. 545138
· c. 540806
· d. 16726
Yield Curve and Bond Valuation Worksheet Action Items: 1. Go to the http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h15/data.htm to examine historical daily interest rates on U.S...Aug 29 2020
A 5-year Treasury bond has a 4.45% yield. A 10-year Treasury bond yields 6.4%, and a 10-year corporate bond yields 8.4%. The market expects that inflation will average 2....Sep 02 2020
Describe the industrial relations model developed by Harry Katz and Thomas Kochan. 92.List the four elements of industrial systems described by John DunlopDec 10 2019
Which ion(s) is/are higher in concentration inside the cell compared to outside?A) potassiumB) sodiumC) chlorideD) calciumE) More than one of the answers is correct.32) T...Dec 19 2019
How should the output of an oil furnace ignition transformer be tested?Jun 11 2021
the five traditional approaches in marketing is production concept, sales concept , marketing concept, relationship concept and social marketing concept.Apr 23 2021
Given W = 0, an endothermic reaction has the following.a. -∆H and -∆Eb. -∆H and +∆Ec. +∆H and +∆Ed. +∆H and -∆EMay 18 2021
In a chicken processing plant, whole chickens averaging 5 lbm each and initially at 65°F are to be cooled in the racks of a large refrigerator that is maintained at 5°F. ...Jul 23 2020
A scuba tank is designed to hold 50 standard cubic feet (SCF) of air when filled to its design pressure of 3000 psig at 80°F. Calculate the required volume of the tank an...Jun 15 2020
. The Federal tax code allows businesses but not individuals to deduct the cost of health insurance premiums from their taxable income. Consider a company named HeadBook ...Dec 05 2019