Tyrese has just measured Cambridge Corporation's workforce. He is now trying to determine whether the tests he used are valid by comparing them to performance appraisals that supervisors have completed on the workers. He is attempting to find the:
A) predictive validity of the tests.
B) concurrent validity of the tests.
C) content validity of the tests.
D) reliability of the tests.
83) Sebastian is concerned about his most recent hires at Anderson Brothers Company. He believed that by basing his selection on job-knowledge tests administered during the interview, he would have few problems with inept hires and would find the best employee for each position. He has found though, that the eight employees who were hired during the last hiring period each have had complaints about lack of competence and job knowledge. This most likely indicates that the tests lack:
B) internal validity.
C) external validity.
D) predictive validity.
84) Which of the following is the LEAST effective predictor of job performance?
A) Application questionnaires
B) Recommendation letters
C) Personality tests
D) Honesty tests
85) A biodata form is a type of:
A) ability test.
B) psychological test.
C) reference check.
D) application form.
86) Which of the following subjects is appropriate to address on an application form?
D) National origin
87) Which of the following would be most appropriate to measure a job candidate's math and verbal skills?
A) Honesty test
B) Application form
C) Cognitive ability test
D) Work sample test
88) Which of the following is important for an employer to remember when reading letters of recommendation about job applicants?
A) The more positive a letter is, the better the candidate.
B) A poor letter of recommendation should be ignored.
C) The content of the letter is more important than its positivity.
D) Letters of recommendation are highly related to job performance.
89) Which of the following is an example of a direct performance test?
A) A general cognitive ability test
B) A work sample test
C) A physical ability test
D) The Meyers-Brigg Type Indicator
90) Which activity would most likely be required of job applicants taking a work sample test?
A) Participating in an in-basket exercise
B) Assembling and disassembling a small motor
C) Discussing ethical situations with a manager
D) Answering questions about engineering processes
91) Which personality trait is most related to job performance?
B) Emotional stability
Hastings Entertainment has a beta of 0.65. If the market return is expected to be 11 percent and the risk-free rate is 4 percent, what is Hastings' required return.Here's...Jul 03 2021
Amides are an important class of organic molecules. They are usually drawn as sketched here, but another resonance strucutre is possible: a. Draw a second resonance struc...Jun 29 2021
21) A limited partnership attempts to: a) b) limit the number of partners who may vote at board meetings avoid the problem of unlimited liability for some of the owners p...May 05 2021
1 How might a firm that manufactures shoes use teams to determine ways to improve its environmental standards in terms of products and processes? What type (or types) of ...Apr 03 2021
Consider the case of complementary goods. An increase in the demand for peanut butter can be caused by a(n)a.decrease in consumer incomeb.in...Dec 13 2019
ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS & DRAW THE DIAGRAM WHERE REQUIRED & WRITE EACH & EVERY STEP AND ELABORATE EACH & EVERY STEP:-DRAW THE FREE BODY DIAGRAM OF EACH & EVERY MAS...Apr 01 2020
What is the debit balance in this transaction? How much equity funds must the investor provide to make this margin transaction? If the stock rises to $65 per share, ...Nov 25 2019
1The proﬁt P for a company is given by P = (500x−x2)−( 1 2 x2 −77x + 3000) Approximate (a) the change in proﬁt as production changes from x = 115 units to x = 120 un...Aug 19 2021
Classical and Operant Conditioning ScenariosClassical Conditioning Scenario 1:After exercising, before class, Josh likes to take a quick shower at his dorm. One morning w...Apr 17 2020
Imagine that you have been asked to write a research-based blog post for a human resource management website. Write a 700- to 1,050-word blog that includes the following:...Jul 28 2020