This is a two part job with two different due dates the first is due January 31 which is listed below instructions and the second one is due on February 3 which is a follow up to two other students
This is a two part job with two different due dates, the first is due January 31 which is listed below instructions and the second one is due on February 3 which is a follow up to two other students write up, which I will upload once it’s available usually by Friday.
Please consider all of these questions as you’re reading, but only choose TWO for your response. Write a solid 1 – 2 page response (600 words or so), and reply substantively to at least 2 fellow students’ responses (a paragraph each for students responses). I will be uploading some other reading materials for this assignment.
Discussion Forum: Freud:
1. In the first section, the Oedipus complex, Freud argues that as infants we have certain instinctual needs and wishes that are later repressed. These repressed wishes get pushed to the unconscious creating neurotic symptoms. How does this happen?
2. In the section on the Dream-work, Freud makes a clear distinction between the manifest content of the dream and the latent content. Please explain.
3. The two governing factors in the dream work are condensation and displacement. Please explain what Freud means by these.
4. How does Freud describe “the uncanny”? How does he link the emotion of the uncanny an uncanny moment to psychoanalysis itself?
5. What does Freud mean by fetishism?