The wedding date for a couple is quickly approaching, and the wedding planner must provide the caterer an estimate of how many people will attend the reception so that the appropriate quantity of food is prepared for the buffet. The following table contains information on the number of RSVP’ed guests for the 145 invitations. Unfortunately, the number of guests does not always correspond to the number of RSVP’ed guests. Based on her experience, the wedding planner knows it is extremely rare for guests to attend a wedding if they affirmed that they will not be attending. Therefore, the wedding planner will assume that no one from these 50 invitations will attend. The wedding planner estimates that the each of the 25 guests planning to come solo has a 75 percentchance of attending alone, a 20 percent chance of not attending, and a 5 percent chance of bringing a companion. For each of the 60 RSVPs who plan to bring a companion, there is a 90 percent chance that she or he will attend with a companion, a 5 percent chance of attending solo, and a 5 percent chance of not attending at all. For the 10 people who have not responded, the wedding planner assumes that there is an 80 percent chance that each will not attend, a 15 percent chance they will attend alone, and a 5 percent chance they will attend with a companion.
a. Assist the wedding planner by constructing a spreadsheet simulation model to determine the expected number of guests who will attend the reception.
b. To be accommodating hosts, the couple has instructed the wedding planner to use the Monte Carlo simulation model to determine X, the minimum number of guests for which the caterer should prepare the meal, so that there is at least a 90 percent chance that the actual attendance is less than or equal to X. What is the best estimate for the value of X?
Shimada Products Corporation of Japan is anxious to enter the electronic calculator market. Management believes that in order to be competitive in world markets, the pric...Jul 16 2021
What instruments are used for measuring duct pressure?Jun 10 2021
Three years ago, Tammy paid $15 per share for 1,000 shares of the common stock of Three Flags Amusement Parks.This year, Tammy learned that Three Flags has filed for bank...Jun 12 2021
What is the deadweight loss due to profit maximising monopoly pricing under the following conditions: The price charged for goods produced is $10. The intersection of the...Jul 04 2021
Choose the letter of the correctly expressed group of words.a. over the past thirty yearsb. over the past 30 yearsJul 21 2021
Explain the statement "There is no such thing as a free lunch" in relation to scarce resources.May 06 2021
Bill is an accountant for a small machine shop. His boss has asked him to calculate the shop’s total fixed cost. Which method will give Bil...Dec 09 2019
If is continuous on andfor , show thatJun 19 2021
At the end of the current year, $13,680 of fees have been earned but have not been billed to clients. Journalize the adjusting entry to record the accrued fees.Apr 10 2021
Discuss theorist John Stuart Mill contributions to the field of healthcare How could you apply their ethical philosophy towards current issues facing healthcare?No Phagia...Mar 19 2020