The totals of the Sundry columns are posted at the end of the month. 12) The Sales column
The totals of the Sundry columns are posted at the end of the month.
12) The Sales column of the synoptic journal is used to record both charge and cash sales under the accrual basis.
13) When using the cash method for accounting, inventory is adjusted at the end of the period.
14) The Sundry columns can be used for recording adjusting and closing entries in the synoptic journal.
15) An (X) below a column total in the synoptic journal means the column total is not posted.
16) GST Payable is an expense account.
17) A synoptic journal combines the features of the sales, cash payments, cash receipts, purchases, and sometimes general journals.