The stage of international involvement at which a company first starts a joint venture, if it chooses to do so, is most likely stage:
31) Brantley Services deliberately downplays the fact that it is a U.S. firm and actively searches internationally to fill key positions with the best people. Brantley is most likely using a(n) ________ approach to management.
32) Van Siclen and Company is a German firm that fills top management and other key positions with Germans. Van Siclen is most likely using a(n) ________ approach to managing its international subsidiaries.
33) When General Electric chose to staff its Hungarian subsidiary with Hungarian nationals, it was using a(n) ________ approach to management.
34) It has been estimated that using an expatriate costs ________ more than a local employee.
35) Which of the following is an advantage of using expatriates in international subsidiaries?
A) Labor costs are lower for an expatriate than for a local worker.
B) Using an expatriate increases recognition of the company within the local community.
C) An expatriate allows the home company to maintain close control of the foreign subsidiary.
D) The use of an expatriate increases the motivation and morale of local managers and workers.
36) Which of the following is an advantage of using local employees in international subsidiaries?
A) Difficult decisions are often handled earlier by local employees than by expatriates.
B) A local manager is better able to balance local demands with the firm's international priorities.
C) Using a local employee ensures transfer of management practices from the home company to the subsidiary.
D) Using local employees increases the community's acceptance of the company as a legitimate participant in the local economy.
37) The use of local nationals as managers in foreign subsidiaries will most likely:
A) act as a disincentive to local morale and motivation.
B) create problems of adaptability due to the lack of cultural flexibility.
C) lead to the postponement of difficult local decisions until they are unavoidable.
D) lead to increased government restrictions regarding transfers, salaries, and taxes.
38) It is best to use an expatriate when:
A) the international and domestic units are highly independent.
B) the political situation is unstable.
C) there are minimal cultural differences between the host and home countries.
D) a shared corporate identity is not important.
Future Limited has the option to invest in Project X and Project Y but finance is only available to invest in one of them. You are given the following projected data: Pro...Aug 31 2020
Choose the correct answer for the below question:Normative economics seeks to:a. determine the most appropriate economic goals for a society. b. determine how government...Jun 09 2021
A firm sells its output for P=20-Q/1000. Where Q is the quantity it produces and sells. Total costs given by TC=5000+4Q. What is the profit maximizing value for producti...May 01 2020
1) After extensive job cuts to reduce costs, upper level managers are spending significant amounts of time solving problems in the production units. Lower level managers ...Apr 20 2021
You have two options. Option 1 is receiving $8,000 in one year, then a 3.7% higher dollar amount one year after that, again a 3.7% higher amount of money another year aft...Apr 13 2021
From time to time, commercial property is auctioned. Below is such a property that was auctioned. If you were a bidder, what would nbe the highest bid if you wanted a cap...Aug 03 2021
Boots Roofing just paid its annual dividend of $2 a share (this is DIV0). The firm recently announced that all future dividends will be increased by 2.75 percent annually...Jul 12 2021
An economic aspect of the federal trade commission's do-not-call registry is that it:Jul 01 2021
theschematic of a vapor power plant in which water steadily circulates through the four components shown. The water flows through the boiler and condenser at constant ...Apr 27 2020
answer a You deposit $8,000 into an account that pays 3.9% interest. What is the balance in the account after 4 years if interest is compounded semiannually? 7. You can...Aug 31 2020