The size of the marginal propensity to save
A) is negative if dissaving is present.
B) is between 0 and 1.
C) equals 1.
D) exceeds 1.
90) The MPS equals the ratio of
A) saving to real GDP.
B) the change in saving to the change in consumption expenditure.
C) saving to consumption expenditure.
D) None of the above answers is correct.
91) The marginal propensity to save equals the
A) change in savings resulting from a one dollar change in disposable income.
B) change in savings from a change in consumption expenditure.
C) average amount of income saved.
D) ability to save the same percentage of income each month.
92) When disposable income increases from $7 trillion to $7.5 trillion, consumption expenditure increase from $6.5 trillion to $6.9 trillion. The MPS is equal to
93) When disposable income equals $800 billion, planned consumption expenditure equals $600 billion, and when disposable income equals $1,000 billion, planned consumption expenditure equals $760 billion. What is the marginal propensity to save?
94) Suppose real GDP increases from $13 trillion to $14 trillion. Consequently, consumption expenditure increases from $13 trillion to $13.75 trillion. This result implies the MPS equals
D) some amount that cannot be determined without more information.
95) Between 2008 and 2009 the government reported that disposable income decreased by $300 billion and consumption expenditure decreased by $180 billion. Based on these data, the MPS equals
D) $120 billion.
96) The MPC and MPS measure changes in consumption expenditure and saving that result from changes in
A) expected inflation.
B) disposable income.
C) expected future income.
D) government expenditures on goods and services.
97) Which of the following is true?
A) MPS = MPC
B) MPS + MPC = 1
C) MPS + MPC = 0
D) MPS - MPC = 1
98) The MPC and MPS
A) sum to 1.
B) can sum to anything greater than 0.
C) sum to 100.
D) each are usually less than .5.
99) If the marginal propensity to save is 0.6, then the marginal propensity to consume is
D) not determinable.
100) For a household, the marginal propensity to save plus the marginal propensity to consume
A) equals 1.
B) equals 0.
C) equals a number that is larger the larger the household's disposable income.
D) equals a number that is smaller the larger the household's disposable income.
101) 1 - MPC equals
A) autonomous consumption.
B) the marginal propensity to save.
C) induced consumption.
D) the net national product.
102) If the MPC equals 0.75, then
A) for every $100 increase in consumption expenditure, disposable income increases by $75.
B) consumption expenditure is always more than disposable income.
C) for every $100 increase in disposable income, saving increases by $75.
D) for every $100 increase in disposable income, saving increases by $25.
Research the “conflicting Truth-claims Problem,” or the “Problem of many Religions.” Describe the “Problem”, state the skeptical arguments that arise out of it and some p...Feb 14 2020
A local bank has two saving options. One offers 6% interest compound on a daily bases while the other offers 6.5% compounded quarterly. Which saving option would you choo...Jul 24 2021
Disclosing company information (when not legally obligated to doso) would be a violation of which part of the IMA Code of Conduct?a. independence b. credibility c. compet...Jun 08 2021
James H. Giffen, owner of Mercator Corporation, a New York company, made $78 million in payments to two government officials in Kazakhstan. He was charged with violations...Aug 23 2021
Pick any major television network and describe some planning and control activities that its managers would engage in.May 22 2018
An executive’s telephone log showed the lengths of 65 calls initiated during the last week of July. (a) Use Excel to find the quartiles. What do they tell you? (b) Find t...Apr 02 2020
The following balance sheet is for a local partnership in which the partners have become very unhappy with each other. Cash $ 50,000 Liabilities $ 40,000 Land 180,000 ...Jul 14 2020
Wilson Center is a private not-for-profit voluntary health and welfare entity. During 2015, it received unrestricted pledges of $600,000, 60 percent of which were payable...Jul 20 2020
Myers-Briggs: ActorsIsabel Myers was a pineer in the study of personality types. The following information is taken from A Guide to the Development and Use of the Myers-B...Aug 01 2020
Route 66 Car Repair performs routine maintenance on rental vehicles. Recently the local auto rental had its fleet serviced. The company uses the time and materials pricin...Jun 19 2020