Home / Questions / The process of creating value from intellectual capital and sharing that knowledge with em
The process of creating value from intellectual capital and sharing that knowledge with employees, managers, suppliers, customers, and others who need that capital is referred to as ________.
A) knowledge management
B) open-source development
C) collaborative leadership
D) the creative commons
2) Which of the following is true about knowledge management?
A) Knowledge management is a process supported by just two components of an information system: hardware and people.
B) Knowledge management is a technology that creates value.
C) It improves customer service by streamlining response time.
D) It creates intellectual capital and managing its confidentiality.
3) ________ codify human knowledge into rules and process those rules to give advice or guidance.
A) Management information systems
B) Expert systems
C) Collaborative KM systems
D) Decision support systems
4) ________ are information systems that track organizational documents, Web pages, graphics, and related materials.
A) Management information systems
B) Enterprise resource systems
C) Transaction processing systems
D) Content management systems
5) Which of the following statements is true of content management systems?
A) Content management systems directly support business operations.
B) Content management systems are similar to operational document systems.
C) Transaction-processing applications are called content management systems.
D) Content management systems track organizational documents.
6) Which of the following is one of the complications of a content management function?
A) Most databases contain very little content.
B) Documents exist in isolation from each other.
C) Content must be arranged and indexed.
D) The non-perishable nature of document contents.
7) The world's largest and most popular document search engine is ________.
8) A(n) ________ is a personal journal that is accessible on the Web, usually publicly so.
A) internet forum
9) Which of the following is true about blogs?
A) Blogs can be an effective way of publishing podcasts.
B) Blogs are important only for knowledge sharing.
C) Blogs are usually short and focused on a specific problem.
D) Blogs are not open-ended.
10) Which of the following knowledge management alternatives allow employees or customers to post queries seeking solutions to problems they have with a company's products?
A) discussion groups
C) expert systems
11) Which of the following statements is true about podcasts?
A) Podcasts cannot be used to share video and audio.
B) Podcasts cannot be used along with blogs, discussion boards, etc.
C) Podcasts are usually short, and cannot explore many dimensions of a situation.
D) Podcasts are open-ended information systems.
12) Rule-based systems that encode human knowledge in the form of If/Then rules are known as ________.
A) conditional access systems
B) expert systems
C) discussion groups
D) content management systems
13) The programs in an expert system that process a set of rules are known as ________.
14) Which of the following is true for expert systems?
A) They are simple, rule-based systems that are easy to update.
B) They encode metadata in the form of If/Then rules.
C) The programs that process a set of rules are called expert systems portals.
D) The systems encode the knowledge of human experts.
Dec 07 2019 View more View Less
Please respond to the questions below in a paper, double-spaced, 12 font. The paper is to be no more than five (5) pages long. 1. Prior to taking the assessment, review...Mar 17 2020
x3 + x² + 4 the graph of f (x) = -has: x + 1 O None O a curvilinear asymptote an oblique (slant) asymptote a horizantal asymptote • PreviousApr 27 2021
How do the environmental dimensions of the servicescape explain the success of Central Market? 2. Comment on how the servicescape shapes the behaviors of both customers a...Jun 14 2020
Immigration.Nicole Tipton and Sadik Seferi owned and operated a restaurant in Iowa. Acting on a tip from the local police, agents of Immigration and Customs Enforcement e...Aug 05 2021
DiligentJewel896Aug 23 2021
Ten years ago, John purchased a deferred annuity and named his daughter, Suzanne, as beneficiary. Over the years, John invested $50,000 in the contract; upon his death, t...Aug 15 2020
Given $20 million in total assets, $14 million in total stockholders’ equity, and a debt to total asset ratio of 30 percent for Plankton Corporation, what will be the deb...May 22 2018
Sony Electronic Systems, located in Wellesley, Massachusetts, Boston suburb, assembles and sells the very finest home theater systems. The systems are assembled with comp...Apr 23 2021
When a harmless species takes advantage by resembling the aposematic coloration of other species that are toxic, it is called _____________________. (A) Mullerian mimic...Mar 20 2018
Consider an option on a non-dividend paying stock when the stock price is $42, the exercise price is $45, the risk-free interest rate is 8% per annum, the volatility is 3...May 06 2021