The process of creating value from intellectual capital and sharing that knowledge with employees, managers, suppliers, customers, and others who need that capital is referred to as ________.
A) knowledge management
B) open-source development
C) collaborative leadership
D) the creative commons
2) Which of the following is true about knowledge management?
A) Knowledge management is a process supported by just two components of an information system: hardware and people.
B) Knowledge management is a technology that creates value.
C) It improves customer service by streamlining response time.
D) It creates intellectual capital and managing its confidentiality.
3) ________ codify human knowledge into rules and process those rules to give advice or guidance.
A) Management information systems
B) Expert systems
C) Collaborative KM systems
D) Decision support systems
4) ________ are information systems that track organizational documents, Web pages, graphics, and related materials.
A) Management information systems
B) Enterprise resource systems
C) Transaction processing systems
D) Content management systems
5) Which of the following statements is true of content management systems?
A) Content management systems directly support business operations.
B) Content management systems are similar to operational document systems.
C) Transaction-processing applications are called content management systems.
D) Content management systems track organizational documents.
6) Which of the following is one of the complications of a content management function?
A) Most databases contain very little content.
B) Documents exist in isolation from each other.
C) Content must be arranged and indexed.
D) The non-perishable nature of document contents.
7) The world's largest and most popular document search engine is ________.
8) A(n) ________ is a personal journal that is accessible on the Web, usually publicly so.
A) internet forum
9) Which of the following is true about blogs?
A) Blogs can be an effective way of publishing podcasts.
B) Blogs are important only for knowledge sharing.
C) Blogs are usually short and focused on a specific problem.
D) Blogs are not open-ended.
10) Which of the following knowledge management alternatives allow employees or customers to post queries seeking solutions to problems they have with a company's products?
A) discussion groups
C) expert systems
11) Which of the following statements is true about podcasts?
A) Podcasts cannot be used to share video and audio.
B) Podcasts cannot be used along with blogs, discussion boards, etc.
C) Podcasts are usually short, and cannot explore many dimensions of a situation.
D) Podcasts are open-ended information systems.
12) Rule-based systems that encode human knowledge in the form of If/Then rules are known as ________.
A) conditional access systems
B) expert systems
C) discussion groups
D) content management systems
13) The programs in an expert system that process a set of rules are known as ________.
14) Which of the following is true for expert systems?
A) They are simple, rule-based systems that are easy to update.
B) They encode metadata in the form of If/Then rules.
C) The programs that process a set of rules are called expert systems portals.
D) The systems encode the knowledge of human experts.
A battery has a 6.00 V emf and an internal resistance of 0.600 Ω \OmegaΩΩ. (a) What is the voltage across its terminals when the current drawn from the battery...May 28 2021
Emma holds a $10,000 portfolio that consists of four stocks. Her investment in each stock, as well as each stock’s beta, is listed in the following table:StockInvestmentB...Apr 25 2021
Which of the following is the formula used to calculate economic profit?Total Revenues - (Explicit Costs - Implicit Costs)Total Revenues - (Explicit Costs + Implicit Cost...May 07 2021
For the Monopolistic Competition market structure pick one example of a product (good or service) that is sold in a market that has this market structure. You should prov...Apr 14 2020
Choose the correct answer.Your completed application form can be sent to Jeanette Peavler or (I, me, myselfJun 16 2021
1. You are planning to purchase the stock of Jimâs Garage Company and you are expecting it to pay a dividend of $2 in 1 year, $2.75 in 2 years, and $5.00 in 3 years. Yo...Jul 02 2021
Show that if V is nonsingular, then the three conditions in Theorem 1.3.6 reduce to AVA = A. (b) Show that Y V -Y has a chi-squared distribution with r(V) degrees of fre...Aug 01 2020
morrow Inc has a beta of 2.0. If the return on the market is 9% and 2morrowâs return is 12.5%, what is the risk-free rate of return?Jun 09 2021
2. What difficulties can result from not keeping clamping stresses low in designing jigs and fixtures?May 23 2020
Rhodes parked his car in the self-service park-and-lock lot of Pioneer Parking Lot, Inc. The ticket that he received from the ticket meter stated the following: "NOTICE. ...Aug 12 2021