The marginal propensity to consume is
A) the slope of the savings function.
B) never greater than 1.
C) the percentage or fraction of income that is consumed.
D) the percentage change in disposable income.
80) The size of the marginal propensity to consume
A) is negative if dissaving is present.
B) is between 0 and 1.
C) equals 1.
D) exceeds 1.
81) If consumption expenditures for a household increase from $1000 to $1800 when disposable income rises from $1000 to $2000, the marginal propensity to consume is
82) If the marginal propensity to consume is 0.8, every $10 increase in disposable income increases
A) consumption expenditure by $0.80.
B) consumption expenditure by $18.00.
C) saving by $0.20.
D) consumption expenditure by $8.00.
83) Suppose disposable income increases from $7 trillion to $8 trillion. At the same time, consumption expenditure increases from $6.8 trillion to ________. Thus the MPC must equal ________.
A) $7.8 trillion; 0.80
B) $7.6 trillion; 0.80
C) $7.4 trillion; 0.40
D) $8 trillion; 1.00
84) When disposable income increases from $6 trillion to $6.5 trillion, consumption expenditure increase from $5.5 trillion to $5.9 trillion. The MPC equals
85) Between 2008 and 2009 the government reported that disposable income decreased by $300 billion. If the MPC equals 0.8, then consumption expenditure
A) decreases by $40 billion.
B) decreases by $1,500 billion.
C) decreases by $24 billion.
D) decreases by $32 billion.
86) Between 2008 and 2009 the government reported that disposable income decreased by $300 billion and consumption expenditure decreased by $180 billion. Based on these data, the MPC equals
D) $120 billion.
87) Suppose disposable income increases from $5 trillion to $6 trillion. As a result, consumption expenditure increases from $4 trillion to ________. This result means the MPC equals ________.
A) $4.5 trillion; 4.50
B) $5 trillion; 0.80
C) $4.8 trillion; 0.80
D) $6 trillion; 1.00
88) The marginal propensity to save is
A) total saving divided by total disposable income.
B) total saving divided by the change in disposable income.
C) the change in saving divided by the change in consumption expenditure.
D) the change in saving divided by the change in disposable income.
Describe the position of the CFO, the treasurer, and the controller within the organization. Describe the main functions of the treasurer and the controller.32) Which of...Mar 14 2020
Glen Evans is an emergency medical technician for a local rescue team and is routinely called on to render emergency care to citizens facing crisis situations. Although G...Aug 05 2020
Suppose that n raisins have been carefully mixed with a batch of dough. If we bake k (k > 4) raisin buns of equal size from this mixture, what is the probability that two...Aug 03 2020
Air enters a non-insulated compressor of a gas turbine plant at ambient conditions of 27°C and 100kPa with a low velocity, and exits at 1 MPa and 347°C with avelocity of ...Jun 04 2020
Nobel Prizes were awarded to the discoverers of G proteins, the G protein-coupled adenylyl cyclase-cAMP system, and nitric oxide. Summarize each of these, and explain the...Dec 19 2019
Which of the following is not a limitation of operations research?[A]The magnitude of calculations hikes up the cost of operations research[B]Qualitative factors such as...Dec 25 2017
Choose a behavior of yours that you would like to try to modify using the principles of behaviorism.Mar 14 2020
Employees in the shipping department have requested the implementation of a ?osuggestion box?? system to help them bring their concerns to the attention of management and...May 28 2020
Interpretation of messages plays a very important role in communication within or outside organizations. The interpretation of a message by an individual is known as (a)...Apr 05 2018
An electronic package in the shape of a sphere with an outer diameter of 100 mm is placed in a large laboratory room. The surface emissivity of the package can assume thr...Jul 22 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.