The general ledger of Pipers Plumbing at January 1, 2012, includes the following account balances:
The following is a summary of the transactions for the year:
a. Provide plumbing services for cash, $15,000, and on account, $60,000.
b. Collect on accounts receivable, $48,000.
c. Issue shares of common stock in exchange for $10,000 cash.
d. Pay salaries for the current year, $32,000.
e. Pay for utilities expenses, $12,000, of which $5,000 represents costs for 2011.
f. Receive cash in advance from customers, $8,000.
g. Pay $2,000 cash dividends to stockholders.
1. Set up the necessary T-accounts and enter the beginning balances from the trial balance. In addition to the accounts shown, the company has accounts for Dividends, Service Revenue, Salaries Expense, Utilities Expense, Supplies Expense, and Depreciation Expense.
2. Record each of the summary transactions listed above.
3. Post the transactions to the accounts.
4. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
5. Record adjusting entries. Depreciation for the year on the machinery is $6,000. Plumbing supplies remaining on hand at the end of the year equal $1,000. Of the $8,000 paid in advance by customers, $6,000 of the work has been completed by the end of the year.
6. Post adjusting entries.
7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
8. Prepare an income statement for 2012 and a classified balance sheet as of December 31, 2012.
9. Record closing entries.
10. Post closing entries
11. Prepare a post-closing trial balance
The McKeag family operated a marina on their lakefront property in Bolton, New York. For more than forty years, the McKeags used a section of property belonging to their ...Jul 09 2021
Apply the inverse transformation method as indicated below to generate three random observations from the uniform distribution between −10 and 40 by using the following u...Aug 06 2020
What are the major forms of trade adjustment provided by the U.S. government? How does such assistance help bolster support for free-trade agreements? Do you think worke...Dec 05 2019
The theory of purchasing-power parity says that higher inflation in a nation causes the nation's currency to ________ , leaving the ________ exchange rate unchanged.a. ap...Jul 19 2021
Sun Valley Potatoes, Inc. (Sun Valley) is a fresh packer of potatoes. Magic Valley Foods, Inc. (Magic Valley) is a processor of potatoes. Sun Valley and Magic Valley ente...Aug 13 2021
Below are several external transactions for Hokies Company. Hokies uses the following accounts: Required: Indicate which accounts should be debited and which should becredited.May 17 2020
Ethane, CH3CH3, is a gas at room temperature, whereas ethanol, CH3CH2OH, is a liquid. Why the difference?Jul 31 2021
what are the to types of stress??eustress?distress62. hat are the seven types of stress personalities??pleasers?internal timekeepers?strivers?inner con artists?critical ...Jan 24 2020
A railroad tie (or sleeper) is subjected to two concentrated loads P = 200 kN, acting as shown in the figure. The reaction q of the ballast may be assumed to be uniformly...Jun 29 2020
Stars do not all have the same temperature. The color of light emitted by stars is characteristic of the light emitted by hot objects. Telescopic photos of three stars ar...Aug 22 2021