The general ledger of Pipers Plumbing at January 1, 2012, includes the following account balances:
The following is a summary of the transactions for the year:
a. Provide plumbing services for cash, $15,000, and on account, $60,000.
b. Collect on accounts receivable, $48,000.
c. Issue shares of common stock in exchange for $10,000 cash.
d. Pay salaries for the current year, $32,000.
e. Pay for utilities expenses, $12,000, of which $5,000 represents costs for 2011.
f. Receive cash in advance from customers, $8,000.
g. Pay $2,000 cash dividends to stockholders.
1. Set up the necessary T-accounts and enter the beginning balances from the trial balance. In addition to the accounts shown, the company has accounts for Dividends, Service Revenue, Salaries Expense, Utilities Expense, Supplies Expense, and Depreciation Expense.
2. Record each of the summary transactions listed above.
3. Post the transactions to the accounts.
4. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
5. Record adjusting entries. Depreciation for the year on the machinery is $6,000. Plumbing supplies remaining on hand at the end of the year equal $1,000. Of the $8,000 paid in advance by customers, $6,000 of the work has been completed by the end of the year.
6. Post adjusting entries.
7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
8. Prepare an income statement for 2012 and a classified balance sheet as of December 31, 2012.
9. Record closing entries.
10. Post closing entries
11. Prepare a post-closing trial balance
Monica bought a $1250 stereo system for 20% down, with the balance to be paid with interest at 15% compounded monthly in six equal monthly payments. Construct the full am...Mar 28 2020
Calculate the resultant diameter of aluminum rod aubjected to 8 kn compressive load if the rod originally had 16 mm The elastic modulus and poissons ratio for aluminum ar...Apr 17 2020
Patrick Inc. makes industrial solvents. In the first four months of the coming year, Patrick expects the following unit sales: January ................ 41,000 February .....Apr 21 2020
Correlation and causation can be confused in which of the following ways?A. Correlation without causationB. Omitted variablesC. Reverse causalityD. All of these112.A rela...Feb 15 2020
The Fig. P3.1 shows a power network with two parallel generators connected to a transformer feeding a transmission line. Another transformer is connected to an infinite b...Jul 26 2020
Suppose you wish to purchase a mine that will yield an annual return of $32,000 for 12 years, after which the mine will have no value. You want to earn 8% annually on thi...Apr 21 2021
Assessment topic Research a topic in mathematics which has application in information technology Submission requirements One word or PDF documentTask Details This assignm...Feb 15 2020
What role does information technology play in the business? How is it helping Walmart refine its business strategies?Jun 14 2020
Assuming the use of a two-column general journal, a purchases journal, and a cash payments journal as illustrated in this chapter, indicate the journal in which each of t...Apr 12 2021
Discuss Frequency conversion and explain the functionality of mixers in the conversion of audio signals.Apr 15 2020