The formula for novocaine a local anesthetic is C13H21N2O2 What is the molar of this compound
The formula for novocaine, a local anesthetic, is C13H21N2O2. What is the molar mass of this compound?
A)43.03 g/molD)38.00 g/mol
B)237.32 g/molE)4.214 ? 10–5 g/mol
33. Calcium phosphate, Ca3(PO4)2, is used to treat calcium deficiencies. What is the molar mass of this compound?
A)87.05 g/molD)230.02 g/mol
B)167.05 g/molE)310.18 g/mol
34. Which of the following statements regarding atoms, molecules, and moles is correct?
A)Chemists are inherently lazy, so they weigh substances in order to avoid counting out the atoms or molecules in a sample.
B)It would be possible for an individual to count out a mole of atoms or molecules if they had a few days to do it.
C)A single grain of sand has about as many formula units of SiO2 as there are sand grains on all of the beaches on Earth.
D)A mole of HCl would have the same mass as a mole of NaCl, since they have the same number of particles.
E)Since a mole of LiCl has a mass of 42.39 g, the average mass of a LiCl formula unit would be 42.39 mole.
35. Rank the following in order of increasing mass: 1.0 mole of methane (CH4), 0.50 mole of water (H2O), 0.20 mole of Fe, and 0.010 mole of U.
A)U 2O 4D)U 2O 4
B)H2O 4 E)U 2O 4
36. Rank the following in order of increasing mass: 1.0 mole of SF4, 0.50 mole of H2S, 0.20 mole of Cu, and 0.10 mole of Pb.
A)Pb 2S 4D)Cu 2S 4
B)Cu 2S 4E)SF4 2S
C)Pb 4 2S
37. Rank the following in order of increasing mass: 2.0 mole of SO2, 1.0 mole of SO3, 0.50 mole of Mo, and 0.25 mole of Rn.
A)SO3 2 D)Mo 2 3
B)SO2 3 E)Rn 3 2
C)Mo 3 2
38. If 4.05 ? 1023 molecules of a substance have a mass of 86.2 g, what is the molar mass of the substance?
A)128 g/molD)4.70 ? 1021 g/mol
B)3.49 ? 1025 g/molE)58.0 g/mol
C)2.13 ? 1022 g/mol
39. If 8.53 ? 1024 molecules of a substance have a mass of 483 g, what is the molar mass of the substance?
A)6.86 ? 103 g/molD)1.77 ? 1022 g/mol
B)34.1 g/molE)0.0293 g/mol
C)4.12 ? 1027 g/mol
40. If 7.50 ? 1024 molecules of a substance have a mass of 454 g, what is the molar mass of the substance?
A)2.73 ? 1026 g/molD)36.5 g/mol
B)3.41 ? 1027 g/molE)12.5 g/mol
C)5.65 ? 103 g/mol