The following control activities are used in Sheera’s Boutique Shoppe Ltd. for cash payments:
1. Blank cheques are stored in an unmarked envelope on a shelf behind the cash register.
2. The purchasing manager personally approves payments for purchases and signs the cheques issued to pay suppliers.
3. When the store manager goes away for an extended period of time, she pre-signs cheques to be used in her absence.
4. The company cheques are not prenumbered.
5. The company accountant prepares the bank reconciliation and reports any discrepancies to the store manager.
(a) For each of the above situations, explain the weakness and identify the control activity that is violated.
(b) For each weakness, suggest an improvement.
How to find a slope without graphing?Jun 14 2021
A deck of cards contains 52 cards. They are divided into four suits: spades, diamonds, clubs and hearts. Each suit has 13 cards: ace through 10, and three picture cards: ...Apr 25 2020
Castles in the Sand generates a rate of return of 15% on its investments and maintains a plowback ratio of .20. Its earnings this year will be $6 per share. Investors exp...Jul 04 2021
Which of the following statements is true for a firm that uses variable (direct) costing? A. The cost of a unit of product changes because of changes in the number of un...Jun 18 2021
Ineed to do a retirement future savings.Please help me to answer the questions5,6,7,(Show all work here.) on 79,11,12,13, *******answer the blanks I need to put this on e...Aug 13 2020
Mr. X deposits $ 2000 at the end of every year for 5 years in his savings account paying 5% interest compounded annually.May 22 2020
Suppose the terperature at 12:00 noon is increasing at an(instantaneous) rate of 3 degrees F. per hour. What is the rate ofchange of the temperature in degrees C. per hou...Aug 23 2021
35) An economic system will occasionally choose to concentrate its factors of production on producing some products rather than others. Through concentration and speciali...May 06 2021
Romeo is at x = 0 at t = 0 when he sees Juliet at x = 6m. (a) He begins to run towards her at v = 5m=s. She in turn begins to accelerate towards him at a = ¡2m=s2. When a...Jun 19 2020
Tom Emory and Jim Morris strolled back to their plant from the administrative offices of Ferguson& Son Manufacturing Company. Tom is manager of the machine shop in the co...Jun 29 2020