The following control activities are used in Sheera’s Boutique Shoppe Ltd. for cash payments:
1. Blank cheques are stored in an unmarked envelope on a shelf behind the cash register.
2. The purchasing manager personally approves payments for purchases and signs the cheques issued to pay suppliers.
3. When the store manager goes away for an extended period of time, she pre-signs cheques to be used in her absence.
4. The company cheques are not prenumbered.
5. The company accountant prepares the bank reconciliation and reports any discrepancies to the store manager.
(a) For each of the above situations, explain the weakness and identify the control activity that is violated.
(b) For each weakness, suggest an improvement.
Ranking driving performance of professional golfers. Refer to The Sport Journal (Winter 2007) analysis of a new method for ranking the total driving performance of golfer...Aug 07 2020
A taxpayer should include which of the following when figuring their federal gross income?Prior-year federal income tax refundOrdinary dividendsPersonal injury compensati...Aug 09 2020
Ever since I refreshed my laptop, it's been getting ads everywhere, it was slowing down and getting all these virus warning messages. It has never been this way before I ...Apr 20 2020
Effect of Transactions on Working Capital, Current Ratio, and Quick Ratio(Note: Consider completing Problem 13-2 after this problem to ensure that you obtain a clearunder...May 03 2020
51) Compared to most other organs in the body, endocrine organs areA) well vascularized.B) poorly vascularized.C) have an average amount of vascularization.D) mainly epit...Dec 23 2019
The digital circuit that generates the arithmetic sum of two binary numbers of any length is ________ . (a) Binary-Adder (b) Full-Adder (c) Half-...Jan 08 2018
A stanchion is formed by butt welding together four plates of steel to form a square tube of outside cross-section 200 mm x 200 mm. The constant metal thickness is 10 mm....Jul 09 2020
What do you believe are some of the primary challenges to the globalisation of contracts and procurement management? How may these challenges be mitigated to obtain more ...Mar 13 2020
A mixture of 80 percent ethane and 20 percent methane on a mole basis is throttled from 10 MPa, 65°C, to 100 kPa and is fed to a combustion chamber where it undergoes com...Jun 07 2020
A two bar system has the configuration shown in figure 1. The cross?sectional area for bar AB is 130 mm2 and for bar BC is 100 mm2. If the stress?strain diagram for the ...May 24 2020