The following balances were extracted from the books of Bashara Kabwa Enterprises, a wholesale business, as at 31 October 2018:
Trade receivables 990,000
Sales returns 79,420
Trade payables 330,000
Purchases returns 120,340
Discount received 93,720
Provision for depreciation: Motor vehicles 176,000
Fixtures and fittings 63,800
Allowances for doubtful debts 44,000
15% bank loan 220,000
Salaries and wage 1,034,000
Discount allowed 54,560
Bank balance 568,260
Cash in hand 26,400
Electricity expenses 103,840
Rent and rates 54,560
Freehold premises (cost) 1,569,700
Fixtures and fittings (cost) 334,400
Motor vehicles (cost) 462,000
Postage and telephone expenses 44,000
Insurance premiums 13,200
Bad debts written off 15,840
Motor vehicle expenses 84,920
Inventory (1 November 2017) 1,393,480
Interest on bank loan 16,500
1. The value of inventory as at 31 October 2018 was Sh. 1,036,400
2. Sales includes Sh. 300,000 worth of goods sold by Bashara Kabwa Enterprises agents, who are allowed 15% commission on such sales. This transaction has not been recorded in the books.
3. Depreciation is to be provided as follows:
Fixtures and fittings – 10% per annum on reducing balance basis.
Motor vehicle – 15% per annum on straight line basis.
4. Annual insurance premium amounted to Sh. 12,000.
5. As at 31 October 2017, there was a balance of Sh. 65,000 received from a customer in cash.
6. Salaries and wages were in arrears of Sh. 35,000
7. The Electricity bill for the month of October of Sh. 14,500 was received on 5 November 2018.
8. An allowance of 5% is to be maintained for doubtful debts.
9. Goods worth Sh. 48,840 had been distributed to potential customers as free samples.
a) Income statement for the year ended 31 October 2018
Statement of Financial position as at 31 October 2018
A 5-year annuity of 10 $9,000 semiannual payments will begin 9 years from now, with the first payment coming 9.5 years from now.Requirement 1: If the discount rate is 9 p...Jul 15 2021
The enthalpy change for the combustion of C3H2(g) is -2220. kJ/mol. Calculate the heat of combustion if 0.2205 g C3H3(g) is burned in 0.6400 g O2(g). Select one: a.q = -8...May 16 2021
Solve Problem 8.14 using the shape function obtained from static deflections due to lateral forces equal to floor weights.Problem 8.14A five-story frame with rigid beams ...Jun 10 2020
Discuss the development and characteristics of the early nursing schoolsApr 29 2020
A signal of finite energy is applied to a square-law device whose output is defined byThe spectrum of is limited to the frequency interval –W ≤ f ≤ W. Hence, show that th...Jul 31 2020
In each of the following groups of sentences, the same word functions differently. For each sentence indicate the part of speech for the italicized word.Warren Buffet is ...Jun 09 2021
Liquid water at 200 kPa and 20oC is heated in a chamber by mixing it with superheated steam at 200 kPa and 150oC. Liquid water enters themixing chamber at a rate of 2.5 k...Jun 04 2020
Write an argumentative essay about the topic, “Should there be laws against texting while drivingMar 14 2020
Marketing has been forever changed with the advent of social media. Approximately 65 percent of adults claim to use some form of social media. Marketers are well aware of...Jul 05 2021
If it had more quickly anticipated the drying up of the Asian market for planes, could Boeing have prevented most of the problems that confronted it?May 25 2020