The figure above shows the relationship between the price of a dozen roses and the quantity of roses a florist can sell. The slope between points C and D equals
112) In the figure above, between points A and B, what is the slope of the line?
113) What is the slope of the line in the graph?
C) + 2
114) The slope of the curve at point B
A) is greater than the slope at point A.
B) is less than the slope at point A.
C) is equal to the slope at point A.
D) cannot be compared with the slope at point A.
E) can be compared with the slope at point A, but more information is needed to determine if the slope is greater than, less than, or equal to the slope at point A.
115) The Latin term "ceteris paribus" means
A) "false unless proven true."
B) "other things remaining the same."
C) "after this, therefore because of this."
D) "what is true of the whole is not necessarily true of the parts."
E) "obviously true."
116) Which of the following statements is the best example of the term ceteris paribus?
A) An economist holds other factors constant when he examines the relationship between tax rates and tax revenues.
B) More money should be spent on cleaning up the environment.
C) The government budget surplus was $200 billion in 2000 because the economy was growing.
D) An increase in the budget surplus after an increase in tax rates implies that tax rate increases cause budget surpluses.
E) When studying the effects of a budget deficit, an economist must take account of all the factors involved.
117) To graph a relationship involving more than two variables, we use which assumption?
A) linear assumption
B) positive relationship assumption
C) marginal analysis
D) ceteris paribus
E) trend assumption
118) To graph a relationship among several variables, we hold all but ________ variable(s) constant and use the ________ assumption.
A) one; scarcity
B) two; ceteris paribus
C) three; scarcity
D) one; ceteris paribus
E) one; absence of trend
119) We are investigating the relationship among three variables. We have graphed two of them. Suppose that the variable that is not measured on the x-axis or the y-axis changes. Then, there is
A) a movement along the plotted curve.
B) a shift in the plotted curve.
C) no impact on the plotted curve because the variable is not measured on either of the axes.
D) an omitted variable.
E) a violation of the absence of trend assumption.
120) When analyzing graphically the relationship between more than two variables, which of the following must be used?
A) positive slope assumption
B) assumption of little change
C) ceteris paribus
D) negative slope assumption
E) the assumption that only relevant factors change
The following selected amounts were extracted from the financial statements of Flamingo Corporation. Year 4 Year 3 Year 2 Year 1Net sales$175,000 $170,000 $165,00...Jan 11 2020
If you were to use only the two risky funds and still require an expected return of 12%, what would be the investment proportions of your portfolio? Compare its standard ...Jun 17 2020
cross-sectional analysisMar 17 2020
Draw block diagram structures for the different triglycerols that can be produced from glycerol, palmitic acid, stearic acid, and linolenic acid.Jun 17 2021
Erinwood is an all equity firm with 8,500,000 shares of common stock outstanding. The company expects to earn $5.5 million per year in perpetuity and has $4.5 million of ...May 18 2020
Useful changes are called ______Jul 13 2021
40) This year, McDavid's decided to reduce the price of the "Big Dave" from $5 down to $4. Ronald McDavid thought that this might increase the volume of sales. He was cor...May 05 2021
Define financial statementsAug 27 2020
Draw the electron-dot formula for SiCl2Br2May 16 2021
In the problem below, assume the risk-free rate is 8% and the expected rate of return on the market is 18%.A share of stock is now selling for $100. It will pay a dividen...May 02 2021