The correct symbol for the ion formed by nitrogen is N2 B N3 N3 D N2 E N
The correct symbol for the ion formed by nitrogen is:
A) N2? B) N3? C) N3+ D) N2+ E) N?
92. The correct symbol for the ion formed by sodium is:
A) Na+ B) S2? C) Na? D) S2+ E) K+
93. The correct symbol for the ion formed by potassium is:
A) P3? B) P3+ C) K+ D) K? E) P2?
94. Calcium citrate is a compound found in some calcium supplement medications. The calcium in this compound consists of ions containing 18 electrons. What is the charge of the calcium ions?
A) –2 B) –1 C) +1 D) +2 E) +3
95. Calculate the relative atomic mass of speedium (a fictional element) which has three isotopes with the following masses and abundances:
45Sp 44.99 amu 30.0%
47Sp 46.99 amu 60.0%
48Sp 48.00 amu 10.0%
A) 45.0 amu B) 46.5 amu C) 46.7 amu D) 47.0 amu E) 140 amu
96. Antoine Lavoisier's experiments showed that the mass of the products of a chemical reaction equals the mass of the reacting substances.
97. John Dalton's experimental results led to the law of conservation of mass.
98. When wood is burned, the ashes weigh less than the original wood, so this is a violation of the law of conservation of mass.
99. Dalton's atomic theory says that a chemical reaction is a rearrangement of atoms into one or more different chemical substances.
100. All of the statements in Dalton's original atomic theory are still considered to be correct today.