The controller for Weinstein Co. is attempting to determine the amount of cash and cash equivalents to be reported on its December 31, 2010, balance sheet. The following information is provided.
* 1. Commercial savings account of $600,000 and a commercial checking account balance of $800,000 are held at First National Bank of Olathe.
* 2. Money market fund account held at Volonte Co. (a mutual fund organization) permits Weinstein to write checks on this balance, $5,000,000.
* 3. Travel advances of $180,000 for executive travel for the first quarter of next year (employee to reimburse through salary reduction).
* 4. A separate cash fund in the amount of $1,500,000 is restricted for the retirement of long-term debt.
* 5. Petty cash fund of $1,000.
* 6. An I.O.U. from Marianne Koch, a company customer, in the amount of $150,000.
* 7. A bank overdraft of $110,000 has occurred at one of the banks the company uses to deposit its cash receipts. At the present time, the company has no deposits at this bank.
* 8. The company has two certificates of deposit, each totaling $500,000. These CDs have a maturity of 120 days.
* 9. Weinstein has received a check that is dated January 12, 2011, in the amount of $125,000.
* 10. Weinstein has agreed to maintain a cash balance of $500,000 at all times at First National Bank of Olathe to ensure future credit availability.
* 11. Weinstein has purchased $2,100,000 of commercial paper of Sergio Leone Co. which is due in 60 days.
* 12. Currency and coin on hand amounted to $7,700.
* (a) Compute the amount of cash to be reported on Weinstein Co.'s balance sheet at December 31, 2010.
* (b) Indicate the proper reporting for items that are not reported as cash on the December 31, 2010, balance sheet.
A tank has a volume of 1 m3 with oxygen at 15 degrees C,300 kPa. Another tank contains 4 kg oxygen at 60 degrees C, 500kPa. Two tanks are connected by apipe and valve tha...May 05 2020
Explain The Leavitt extended model in organizations. >May 14 2020
Consider the market for used cars and assume that the cars can be of one of two possible quality levels: low (the ’lemons’) and high (the ’plums’). The seller knows the t...Feb 06 2020
Once you have a resumÃ© that gets noticed by employers, the next step in securing the job that you want is to interview successfully. The key to interviewing successfully...Nov 25 2019
A cladogram conveys information about ancestors and descendants of an organism. (A) True (B) FalseMar 22 2018
two mating spur gears have 40 and 120 teeth respectively. the pinion rotates at 1200 rpm and transmit a torque of 20N-m. The torque transmitted by the gear is? >Jun 22 2020
The bargaining power of buyers, as described by Porter, is high when (a)There are only a few players in the industry (b)Their purchases form a large chunk of the sel...Nov 29 2017
The mean diameter of a ball bearing produced by a certain manufacturer is 0.80 cm with a standard deviation of 0.03 cm. A sample of 36 ball bearings is randomly selected ...Apr 23 2020
A pair of dice is tossed 100 times and it is observed that 7’s appear 23 times. Test the hypothesis that the dice are fair (i.e., not loaded) at the 0.05 significance lev...Aug 10 2020
Write a short term paper on Ian Maitlands The Great Non-Debate over International Sweatshops : (i) state the main thesis of the article; (ii) explain in detail Maitland...Mar 13 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.