The controller for Weinstein Co. is attempting to determine the amount of cash and cash equivalents to be reported on its December 31, 2010, balance sheet. The following information is provided.
* 1. Commercial savings account of $600,000 and a commercial checking account balance of $800,000 are held at First National Bank of Olathe.
* 2. Money market fund account held at Volonte Co. (a mutual fund organization) permits Weinstein to write checks on this balance, $5,000,000.
* 3. Travel advances of $180,000 for executive travel for the first quarter of next year (employee to reimburse through salary reduction).
* 4. A separate cash fund in the amount of $1,500,000 is restricted for the retirement of long-term debt.
* 5. Petty cash fund of $1,000.
* 6. An I.O.U. from Marianne Koch, a company customer, in the amount of $150,000.
* 7. A bank overdraft of $110,000 has occurred at one of the banks the company uses to deposit its cash receipts. At the present time, the company has no deposits at this bank.
* 8. The company has two certificates of deposit, each totaling $500,000. These CDs have a maturity of 120 days.
* 9. Weinstein has received a check that is dated January 12, 2011, in the amount of $125,000.
* 10. Weinstein has agreed to maintain a cash balance of $500,000 at all times at First National Bank of Olathe to ensure future credit availability.
* 11. Weinstein has purchased $2,100,000 of commercial paper of Sergio Leone Co. which is due in 60 days.
* 12. Currency and coin on hand amounted to $7,700.
* (a) Compute the amount of cash to be reported on Weinstein Co.'s balance sheet at December 31, 2010.
* (b) Indicate the proper reporting for items that are not reported as cash on the December 31, 2010, balance sheet.
Like the blues giant Robert Johnson, whose mastery of a Gibson guitar was said to be the result of a deal with the Devil, the company has come to a crossroads.After 116 y...Aug 22 2020
Create a cumulative cash flow graph for a business with the following monthly cash balances: January: $40,000 February: $25,000 March: $13,000 April: $5,000 May: $12,000 ...Apr 01 2020
Instead of paying $10,000 in annual rent for an office space for the next 10 years, an engineering consulting firm that you work for decides to take out a $100,000 loan a...Aug 13 2021
TIPLE-CHOICE PROBLEMS:(One mark per answer) the Letter Beside the Most Correct Answer in the Questions Below.) bstance that has a fixed chemical composition throughout is...Aug 19 2020
Quality Production Products Inc. has issued 20-year semiannual coupon bonds with a face value of $1,000. If the annual coupon rate is 12% and the current yield to maturit...Aug 16 2020
What are the reasons behind the different payment methods for sales employees?May 06 2020
Discuss why training must be a strategic imperative in today’s organizations.Jul 14 2020
Draw a Lewis structure for each of the following molecules:(a) methanol, CH3OH(b) vinyl chloride, H2C=CHCl, the molecule from which PVC plastics are made(c) acrylonitrile...Jul 28 2021
Why do you suspect that revenue-related financial statement fraud schemes are most common and inventory-related fraud schemes are next most common?Here is a tip:Financial...Aug 17 2021
For the nouns listed, write the plural forms in the spaces provided. Use your dictionary as needed.speech ________Jun 15 2021