The competitive strategy followed by an organization is derived from its ________.
2) The competitive strategy of an organization determines its ________.
A) industry rivals
B) short-term goals
C) value chains
3) In which of the following situations would the suppliers have the strongest bargaining power?
A) coffee planters during a season of frost that decreases production
B) companies negotiating compensation during a booming economy
C) providers of logistic support during an economic slowdown
D) a wholesaler declaring a stock-clearance sale
4) Porter originally developed the five forces model to determine ________.
A) the potential profitability of an industry
B) the nature of competitive industrial environments
C) the reason why certain industries collapse
D) the means by which to improve industrial viability
5) Simpson's Lawn Services decides to offer two free mowing services for all customers who booked garden landscaping in the fall. By doing this, which of the following forces is Simpson's addressing?
A) the control exercised by Acme Corp. who supplies Simpson with lawn mowers
B) the power held by the landlord of the Simpson office space
C) the threat posed by Roger's Landscapes, a new competitor
D) the bargaining power of the City Football Club who are their customers
6) Porter's five competitive forces can be grouped into two types: forces related to ________ and forces related to supply chain bargaining power.
7) Porter's model includes the bargaining power of which of the following groups as one of the five factors?
8) In Porter's five factor model, each of the three competitive forces concerns the danger of ________.
A) suppliers favoring rival companies
B) customers taking their business elsewhere
C) investors refusing to back up new projects
D) employees not working towards organizational goals
9) Two strength factors that relate to all three competitive forces are ________ and customer loyalty.
A) market forces
B) nature of products
C) customer satisfaction
D) switching costs
10) In which of the following cases is the strength of competitive forces low?
A) when switching costs are high
B) when rival products are priced low
C) when customer loyalty is low
D) when the product is unique
Insert necessary commas. In the space provided, indicate briefly the reason for each comma. For example, write omitted words, contrasting statement, clarity, short quotat...Jul 10 2021
What are the organic products you would obtain by treatment of the alcohols below with the respective reagents?Jul 25 2021
From the following list, select the letter that accurately describes each of the following sentences, and write the correct answer in the space provided.a. simple sentenc...Jun 11 2021
to graphically locate the instant centers, you will have to use the exact diagrams provided. One way to do this is to copy the diagram on to a blank PowerPoint slide, pri...May 16 2020
You set up a college fund in which you pay each year at the beginning of the year How much mot in S will you have accumulated in the fund after yearsif your fund earns ...Feb 14 2020
The property of converting elements into thin sheets is known as Solubility Malleability Ductility IsomerismMay 16 2021
Air at 20°C with a convection heat transfer coefficient of 25 W/m2·K blows over a horizontal steel hot plate (k = 43 W/m-K). The surface area of the plate is 0.38 m2 with...Jul 22 2020
In December 2008, Corey and Jamie Baker purchased a TV from Best Buy as well as a four-year service contract for the TV. In November 2010, Best Buy determined that the pr...Aug 07 2021
No 1. Adnan wants to spend his money now, at a young age, instead of waiting until he becomes old.Question number 1. Explain the behavior of Adnan? (1 Point)No 2. Gillett...Apr 17 2021
Consider the following melting point data:Compoundmp (801708190-70-91-78-101Compoundmp (99713961040-90-94-56-220Account for the trends in melting points in terms of inter...Jun 20 2021