The Colgate company believes its toothpaste is more effective than its leading rival, Aim, in fighting tooth decay. A small scale clinical trial was held with 30 patients using Colgate and 21 using Aim. The results showed that the mean and variance of the number of cavities for Colgate was 10.2 and 9.85, respectively, with the results for Aim being 11.4 and 8.42.
It is assumed that the population variances are the same and the distribution of the number of cavities for both groups closely approximates a normal distribution. Use alpha = 0.05.
1. If the hypotheses are to be written in the form of the average of Aim minus the average of Colgate, what is the direction of the alternative hypothesis used to test Colgate's belief. Type the letters gt(greater than), ge (greater than or equal to), lt (less than), le(less than or equal to) or ne (not equal to) as appropriate in the box.
2. Determine the standard error for the difference between means, reporting your answer to three decimal places.
3. Calculate the test statistic, reporting your answer to two decimal places.
4. Is the null hypothesis rejected for this test? Type yes or no.
5. Regardless of your answer for 4, if the null hypothesis was rejected, can we conclude that Colgate's belief is valid at the 5% level of significance? Type yes or no.
Beer marketers know that high school educated, working-class males from the ages of 25 to 40 make an attractive market for their products. This is a __________ segment of...Dec 14 2019
Tools Inc. buys hammers, bolts and other hardware items and sells them to hardware shops at a pricethat includes a profit. Tools Inc. would be a part of what kind of mark...Dec 11 2017
The United States Constitution stands apart in history as the cornerstone document for a nation like none before it, but it was not the first law of the land. The discuss...Mar 21 2020
Other things remaining the same, a right shift in the supply curve will lead to:A) an increase in the equilibrium price and the equilibrium quantity.B) a decrease in the ...Mar 14 2020
You are required to think critically about aspects of obesity as a contemporary healthcare issue and the aspects of theory and practice that apply to this issue. 2.You ...Feb 14 2020
Illustrate correct use of parallel structure.Comment on the following examples:Not parallel: We like sports, hiking and taking the dog for walks.Parallel: We like sport...Feb 04 2020
Given the following production function and a price of each output of $4: N Y 12 106 13 107 14 117 15 125 16 132 17 138 If Ns= 2w where "w" is the real wage, what is the ...Jun 05 2020
A stock has an expected return of 15.1 percent, a beta of 1.60, and the expected return on the market is 11.40 percent. What must the risk-free rate be? (Do not round int...Aug 18 2020
Which of the following will increase the duration of the operating cycle? [A]Increase in the raw material storage period [B]Decrease in the average collection period [...Jan 01 2018
Discuss why documentation is so important to the disciplinary process. What constitutes correct documentation?Jun 02 2020