The Colgate company believes its toothpaste is more effective than its leading rival, Aim, in fighting tooth decay. A small scale clinical trial was held with 30 patients using Colgate and 21 using Aim. The results showed that the mean and variance of the number of cavities for Colgate was 10.2 and 9.85, respectively, with the results for Aim being 11.4 and 8.42.
It is assumed that the population variances are the same and the distribution of the number of cavities for both groups closely approximates a normal distribution. Use alpha = 0.05.
1. If the hypotheses are to be written in the form of the average of Aim minus the average of Colgate, what is the direction of the alternative hypothesis used to test Colgate's belief. Type the letters gt(greater than), ge (greater than or equal to), lt (less than), le(less than or equal to) or ne (not equal to) as appropriate in the box.
2. Determine the standard error for the difference between means, reporting your answer to three decimal places.
3. Calculate the test statistic, reporting your answer to two decimal places.
4. Is the null hypothesis rejected for this test? Type yes or no.
5. Regardless of your answer for 4, if the null hypothesis was rejected, can we conclude that Colgate's belief is valid at the 5% level of significance? Type yes or no.
Suppose you have been invited to participate in a roundtable discussion meeting on the development of a community response to crises. To prepare for this discussion, you ...Mar 14 2020
Distinguish between a carbon-tax and cap-and-trade strategy for reducing carbon dioxide and other so called greenhouse gates(that are believed by many scientists to cause...Jun 02 2020
Fair Value Hedge) On November 3, 2012, Sprinkle Co. invested $200,000 in 4,000 shares of the common stock of Pratt Co. Sprinkle classified this investment as available-fo...Jun 18 2020
The act of collusion refers to:a. Top management and lower-level employees working together to share information necessary for effective internal controls.b. Two or more ...Jan 27 2020
Consider the production possibilities for the US and Canada in the tables below The first table lists the factor endowments for both countries in terms of the amount of ...Mar 19 2020
The condensed balance sheet of Erickson Corporation reports the following: The market price of the common shares is currently $30 per share. Erickson wants to assess the ...Apr 12 2020
Describe the role of performance management. Define what it is, and what should it accomplish.46.Identify the two uses of performance appraisals, and discuss the specifi...Dec 16 2019
answer fastYou have $10000 to invest. Fund A has no front-end load; it has expense ratio of 2% and expected gross return of 5% per year. Fund B has 3% front-end load, exp...Aug 28 2020
Using the percentage-of-sales method, you estimate that total uncollectible accounts are $4,500. The Allowance for Uncollectible Accounts prior to adjustment has a credit...Dec 09 2019
The demand curve for product X is given by QXd = 500 - 5PX. a. Find the inverse demand curve. PX = - QXd Instructions: Round your answer to the nearest penny (2 decimal p...Apr 05 2020