The accounting process of copying of amounts from the journal to the appropriate ledger ac
The accounting process of copying of amounts from the journal to the appropriate ledger accounts is referred to as:
2) Which of the following items of information would not normally be included in a journal entry?
A) the date the transaction took place
B) the dollar amount of the debit
C) the title of the account debited
D) the location where the transaction took place
3) Which element of an accounting system provides information about the balance in each account?
A) source documents
D) cash flow statement
4) In accounting, the process of posting is:
A) copying data from the ledger to the journal
B) copying data from the journal to the ledger
C) copying data from the source documents to the ledger
D) copying data from the source documents to the journal
5) Posting, a part of the accounting process, refers to:
A) copying amounts from the accounts in the general ledger to the journal
B) copying amounts from the financial statements to the general ledger
C) copying amounts from the journal to the appropriate accounts in the general ledger
D) copying amounts from the general ledger to the financial statements
6) Accounting transactions are first recorded in a book or record called a:
D) source document
7) A chronological record (or history) of an entity's transactions is called a(n):
C) source document
8) What is the first step in the journalizing process?
A) Enter the transaction in the journal.
B) Identify the transaction from source documents and other information.
C) Determine what accounts will be affected and whether to debit or credit them.
D) Post the transaction to the ledger.
9) Which of the following items would not be included in the journal entry for a transaction?
A) the names of the source documents used to record the accounting transaction
B) the titles of the accounts that will be used as debits and credits in the transaction
C) the date the accounting transaction was entered into the accounting system
D) the dollar amounts used to record the debits and credits in the transaction
10) The entry to record the purchase of office supplies for $100 cash would be:
A) Office Supplies100
B) Accounts Payable100
C) Office Supplies100