CHAPTER 3: DOING BUSINESS IN GLOBAL MARKETS.
• The theories of comparative and absolute advantage.
• Strategies for reaching global markets: Licensing, exporting, franchising, contract manufacturing (outsourcing), joint venture, strategic alliance, foreign subsidiaries, and foreign direct investment.
• What is meant by free trade?
• What is meant by trade protectionism?
• Understand the following terms: Tariff, import quota, and embargo.
• What is meant by balance of trade, trade surplus (favorable balance of trade), and trade deficit (unfavorable balance of trade)?
CHAPTER 4: DEMANDING ETHICAL AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOR.
• Three important questions associated with addressing ethical dilemmas.
• Understand the following terms: Ethical dilemma, situational ethics, social responsibility, and philanthropy.
• Compliance-based ethics codes versus integrity-based ethics codes.
• Social audits. What is one of the major problems in conducting a social audit?
CHAPTER 5: HOW TO FORM A BUSINESS.
• Advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorships.
• Advantages and disadvantages of partnerships.
• Advantages and disadvantages of corporations.
• Differences between general partnership, limited partnership, and master limited partnership.
• Differences between C corporations, S corporations, and limited liability companies.
• Purpose of taking a firm private.
• Distinguish between the three different types of mergers: Horizontal, vertical, and conglomerate.
• Advantages and disadvantages of franchises.
CHAPTER 6: ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND STARTING A SMALL BUSINESS.
• Intrapreneurs versus entrepreneurs.
• Attributes of successful entrepreneurs.
• Small-business success and failure.
• Ways to learn about small-business operations.
• Important ingredients for starting and running a small business.
• Definition of a market.
CHAPTER 7: MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP.
• Skills required for effective managers in the present/future world of business.
• Understand the four functions of management: Planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
• What is a SWOT analysis?
• Distinguish between the four different types of planning: Strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency.
• Distinguish between goals and objectives.
• Distinguish between the different leadership styles. Is any one leadership style superior to the others under all circumstances?
CHAPTER 8: STRUCTURING ORGANIZATIONS FOR TODAY’S CHALLENGES.
• Understand the organizational theories of Henri Fayol and Max Weber.
• Understand the following terms: Bureaucracy (bureaucratic organization), hierarchy, span of control, division of labor, and departmentalization.
• Distinguish between centralized and decentralized management.
• Organization models: Line, staff, matrix, and cross-functional self-managed teams. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each type of organization model?
CHAPTER 10: MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES.
• Intrinsic versus extrinsic rewards.
• Understand Frederick Taylor’s scientific management.
• The importance of the Hawthorne Studies in relation to the direction of management theory.
• Understand Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and the relationship to employee motivation.
• Theory X versus Theory Y versus Theory Z managers.
• Distinguish between Herzberg’s hygiene factors and motivators.
• What is meant by management by objectives (MBO)? How is an MBO program implemented?
• The basic components of expectancy theory.
• The basic components of equity theory.
CHAPTER 11: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: FINDING AND KEEPING THE BEST EMPLOYEES.
• What is the role of human resource management? What are the opportunities and challenges of human resource management?
• Understand the six steps in planning human resources. What is meant by a human resource inventory, job analysis, job description, and job specification?
• Contingent workers.
• Understand the six steps involved in the selection of employees.
• Management development and the role of job rotation.
• The purpose of appraising employee performance. What are the steps in the performance appraisal process?
• Compensation for team performance.
• Advantages and disadvantages of a flextime plan.
CHAPTER 13: MARKETING: HELPING BUYERS BUY.
• What is the goal of the marketing process?
• Understand the components of the marketing mix (i.e., the 4 Ps of marketing).
• Distinguish between the Consumer (B2C) and Business-to-Business (B2B) markets.
• Understand the different types of market segmentation: Geographic, demographic, psychographic, benefit, and volume segmentation.
• Primary data collection versus secondary data collection.
• Understand the following terms: Niche marketing, mass marketing, target marketing, and relationship marketing.
• What is cognitive dissonance?
This is a force plate with the shown dimensions and four nodes,with a measured mass at each node.Could someone step methrough how to calculate the position(x,y) of the CO...Jun 20 2020
Which of the following would decrease in the short run aggregate supply curve (SRAS)?a. An increase in oil pricesb. An advance in technologyc. An increase in the CPId. An...May 04 2021
Investors cannot earn excess profits based on the analysis of historical price information. We say that the financial markets are:strong form efficient.weak form efficien...Dec 04 2019
Consider the market for loanable funds market. For each of the following separate scenarios, draw a graph to show how the market equilibrium will change. (a) Productivit...May 04 2021
Return Consider the following information on three stocks: Rate of Return If State Occurs Probability of State of Economy Stock A Stock B Stock C State of Economy Boom No...Aug 16 2020
Taxation pas thru entities. please help with this questionSep 03 2020
Is there sufficient statistical evidence to conclude that government workers earn higher incomes (INCOME) than do private-sector workers?Jun 19 2020
1. The lengths of the two links in the industrial robot are AB = 22in and BC = 18in, shown in Figure 1. The angle between the two links is held constant at 40degree as t...May 14 2020
Three years ago, you invested $2,450.00. Today, it is worth $3,250.00. What rate of interest did you earn?Aug 21 2020