Suppose that a candy company packages a bag of jelly beans whose weight is supposed to be 30 grams, but in fact, the weight varies from bag to bag according to a normal distribution with mean μ = 30 grams and standard deviation σ = 3 grams.
If the company sells the jelly beans in packs of 9 bags, what can we say about the likelihood that the average weight of the bags in a randomly selected pack is 2 or more grams lighter than advertised?
1. There is no way to evaluate this likelihood, since the sample size (n = 9) is too small.
2. It is extremely unlikely for this to occur; the probability is very close to 0.
3. There is about a 5% chance of this occurring.
4. There is about a 16% chance of this occurring.
5. There is about a 2.5% chance of this occurring.
Why are benefits an important component of SHRM?The HRM director has asked you to review benefit programs and make recommendations for improvements to the program for the...May 05 2020
Which of the following is not a business transaction?A. A business owner purchasing a new home.B. Receiving cash payment for services provided.C. Purchasing stock for the...May 16 2021
1. Is sustainable development a practical and feasible goal for nations? What might be some of the difficulties and possible trade-offs? Explain your answer. 3. What type...Apr 11 2020
2. A force F = (-2,1,5) in Newtons, pulls a sled through a displacement s = [-3,5,4] in metres. The link between the dot product and geometric vectors and the calculation...May 08 2021
Answer the questions based on the Data Table.Sep 02 2020
Consider the following public goods game. There are more than 2 players. Each player is given $20 at the start. Players individually decide how much of the $20 to invest ...Apr 13 2021
If the income tax exemption on municipal bonds were abolished, what would happen to the interest rates on these bonds? What effect would the change have on interest rates...May 12 2020
PART I: Questions about Closing Entries? accounts Accounts that are closed are called Accounts that are NOT closed (are not set back to zero) are referred to as account W...Feb 08 2020
Which of the following would cause a decrease in market equilibrium price and quantity?A) An increase in supplyB) An increase in demandC) A decrease in supplyD) A decreas...May 08 2021
On June 1, High Performance Cell Phones sold $19,000 of merchandise to Andrew Trucking Company on account. Andrew fell on hard times and on July 15 paid only $7,000 of th...Apr 19 2020