Studies suggest that brand loyalty is based primarily on real differences among competing products, suggesting that persuasive advertising is an ineffective means to maintain or increase market share.
83) For lock-in to be an effective competitive strategy, a firm must successfully raid the customer base of competing firms on a regular basis.
84) The addition of gasoline pumps at a grocery store is a good example of a network externality.
85) As the price elasticity of demand for a particular good decreases, the corresponding Lerner Index, and hence the amount of market power attributed to the firm that produces the product in question, decreases as well.
86) The Lerner Index is preferred to the Herfindahl-Hirschman Index as a measure of market power due to the former's simplicity and straightforward interpretation.
87) All else constant, so long as it is negative, as the cross price elasticity of demand between a firm's product and those of its competitors increases, so does the market power possessed by the firm.
88) If the cross-price elasticity of demand between two products is positive, we can conclude that the two products are substitutes.
89) Assume the market shares of the six largest firms in an industry are 15 percent each. The six-firm concentration ratio would indicate that the industry is highly concentrated, while the Herfindahl- Hirschman Index would not.
90) The various antitrust laws are written in very specific terms. Thus, there is little or no question as to when a firm has run afoul of one or more of these laws.
91) The purpose of the Horizontal Merger Guidelines developed by the Department of Justice and the FTC is to prevent customers from being harmed by the increased market power that might result from a merger of two or more firms.
XYZ Corporation is expected to pay the following dividends over the next three years: $10, $5, and $2.50. Afterwards, the company pledges to maintain a constant 5 percent...Apr 13 2021
Tuff Wheels was getting ready to start its development project for a new product to be added to its small-motorized vehicle line for children. The new product is called t...Aug 04 2020
You are a sales representative of an Estonian company and your job is to broker domestic wild berries to the UK market. You have just reached an agreement to deliver 600 ...Aug 16 2020
Summarize the fundamental components of international financial markets.Nov 28 2019
What is the molar volume of N2(g) at STP?Jun 18 2021
One-year Treasury securities yield 2.45%. The market anticipates that 1 year from now, 1-year Treasury securities will yield 5.85%. If the pure expectations theory is cor...May 16 2020
A student prepared a stock solution by dissolving 15.0 g of KOH in enough water to make 150 mL of solution. She then took 15.0 mL of the stock solution and diluted it wit...Aug 20 2021
Suppose that the antenna lengths of woodlice are approximately normally distributed with a mean of 0.2 inches and a standard deviation of 0.05 inches. What proportion of ...Apr 16 2020
PendulumThe period T of a pendulum of length L is where g is the acceleration due to gravity. A pendulum is moved from the Canal Zone, where feet per second per second,...Aug 07 2021
What is the difference between specific humidity and relative humidity?Jun 10 2021