Smart cards are convenient and easy to use since they don;t require a PIN number for a
Smart cards are convenient and easy to use since they don't require a PIN number for authentication.
12) A criticism against biometric authentication is that it provides weak authentication.
13) Most secure communication over the Internet uses a protocol called HTTP.
14) Viruses, worms, and Trojan horses are types of firewalls.
15) Internal firewalls sit outside the organizational network.
16) Packet-filtering firewalls examine each part of a message and determine whether to let that part pass.
17) Perimeter firewalls are the simplest type of firewalls.
18) The existence of spyware is generally unknown to the user.
19) Most spyware is benign in that it does not perform malicious acts or steal data.
20) Once a backup of database contents is made, it is safe to assume that the database is protected.
21) In the context of human safeguards against security threats, the security sensitivity for each position should be documented.
22) The existence of accounts that are no longer necessary do not pose a serious security threat.
23) Backup procedures for system users include backing up Web site resources, databases, administrative data, account and password data, and other data.
24) Following a disaster, hot sites provide office space, but customers themselves must provide and install the equipment needed to continue operations.
25) Every organization must have an incident-response plan that allows for decentralized reporting of all security incidents.