Select all of the following that are true. To an economist, a coercive government can be useful in order to:
2. To an economist, any government program is too big if an analysis of that program finds that MB _______ MC.
a. Is greater than
b. Is less than
c. Is equal to
d. Is less than twice as large as
e. Is more than twice as large as
3. Tammy Hall is the mayor of a large U.S. city. She has just established the Office of Window Safety. Because windows sometimes break and spray glass shards, every window in the city will now have to pass an annual safety inspection. Property owners must pay the $5-per-window cost—and by the way, Tammy has made her nephew the new head of the Office of Window Safety. This new policy is an example of:
a. political corruption
c. rent seeking
d. adverse selection
4. A few hundred U.S. sugar makers lobby the U.S. government each year to make sure that it keeps taxing imported sugar at a high rate. They do so because the policy drives up the domestic price of sugar and increases their profits. It is estimated that the policy benefits U.S. sugar producers by about $1 billion per year while costing U.S. consumers upwards of $2 billion per year. Which of the following concepts apply to the U.S. sugar tax?
Select one or more of the choices shown.
a. Political corruption.
b. Rent-seeking behavior.
c. The collective-action problem.
d. The special-interest effect.
5. ___________________ occur when politicians commit to making a series of future expenditures without simultaneously committing to collect enough tax revenues to pay for those expenditures.
a. Budget deficits
b. Debt Crises
c. Loan guarantees
d. Unfunded liabilities
What is arbitrage?Here is a tip:Some investors seek to profit from price inefficiencies in securities markets.Apr 24 2021
1. Why is motor carrier freight transportation the most preferred method of product shipment?2. What is the economic justification for the recent rapid growth of premium ...Mar 27 2020
Use a solution to Exercise C-2.25 to reimplement the FibonacciProgression subclass to rely on the BigInteger class, in order to avoid overflows all together.Exercise C-2....Jun 13 2020
In cichlid fish, the transformation from subordinate to dominant phenotype ________.a. involves epigenetic changesb. depends on dietc. occurs over several yearsd. is an e...Jul 05 2021
Visit the Web site of the Wild Cat Zoo in southern California (www.cathouse-fcc.org). Classify each of the following risks using Brown’s taxonomy. Also suggest one or mor...Mar 29 2020
Find the Payback period for Oman Lighting company if the initial investment is 12000 OMR and the cash Inflows are as follows: Year 1 =3250 OMR; Year 2 = 3500 OMR; Year 3=...Apr 27 2021
One of your customers is delinquent on his accounts payable balance. Youâve mutually agreed to a repayment schedule of $500 per month. You will charge 1.35 percent per ...Sep 07 2020
How would you classify saltwater?A) pure substance-compoundB) mixture-heterogeneousC) pure substance-elementD) mixture-homogeneousE) none of the aboveMay 19 2021
For the following three vectors, what is 3. Č. (2Ã XB) ? A = 2.00 î + 3.009 – 4.00 B = -4.001 + 4.009 +4.00k 2 = 7.00 - 8.00May 17 2021
John wants to make a deposit on 1/1/2016 to be able to withdraw $1,000 at the beginning of each year starting 1/1/2020 for four years. The interest rate is 6 percent. Req...Jul 14 2021