Routers convert digital data into analog signals. 12) DSL operates on the same lines as v
Routers convert digital data into analog signals.
12) DSL operates on the same lines as voice telephones.
13) Leased lines are also called PSDN.
14) Most homes and small businesses do not use ADSL because they receive more data than they transmit.
15) Asymmetrical digital subscriber lines meet performance level guarantees by offering the same fast speed in both directions.
16) Cable modems provide high speed data transmission using phone lines.
17) Broadband lines have speeds less than 256 kbps.
18) WiMax has the lowest potential for speed, but it is the most easily available wireless protocol.
19) An HTTPS connection is a secure connection.
20) File Transfer Protocol is used for email transmissions.
21) An access name is a unique name that is affiliated with a public IP address.
22) The server tier consists of computers that run a DBMS that processes SQL requests to retrieve and store data.
23) To ensure acceptable performance, commercial Web sites usually are supported by several or even many Web server computers in a facility called a Web farm.
24) A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a type of LAN.
25) A tunnel is a virtual, private pathway over a public or shared network from the VPN client to the VPN server.