Return on Investment and Economic Value Added Calculations with Varying Assumptions Knitpix Products is a division of Parker Textiles Inc. During the coming year, it expects to earn income of $310,000 based on sales of $3.45 million. Without any new investments, the division will have average operating assets of $3 million. The division is considering a capital investment project—adding knitting machines to produce gaiters—that requires an additional investment of $600,000 and increases net income by $57,500 (sales would increase by $575,000). If made, the investment would increase beginning operating assets by $600,000 and ending operating assets by $400,000. Assume that the actual cost of capital for the company is 7 percent. (Note: Round all answers to four decimal places.) Required:
1. Compute the ROI for the division without the investment.
2. Compute the margin and turnover ratios without the investment. Show that the product of the margin and turnover ratios equals the ROI computed in Requirement 1.
3. Conceptual Connection: Compute the ROI for the division with the new investment. Do you think the divisional manager will approve the investment?
4. Conceptual Connection: Compute the margin and turnover ratios for the division with the new investment. How do these compare with the old ratios?
5. Conceptual Connection: Compute the EVA of the division with and without the investment. Should the manager decide to make the knitting machine investment?
Assume the returns from holding small-company stocks are normally distributed. Also assume the average annual return for holding the small-company stocks for a period of ...Sep 04 2020
The male college student price index is a bundle of 20 Pizzas and 2 cases of beer. In Year 1, Pizza costs $8 each and beer costs $15 per case. In Year 2, Pizza costs $9 e...May 07 2020
Janet is planning to open a small car-wash operation, and she must decide how much space to provide for waiting cars. Janet estimates that customers would arrive randomly...Aug 06 2020
Why are faults like the one that caused the Northridge earthquake of 1994 not addressed in the Earthquake Fault Zones Act of 1995 (formerly the Alquist-Priolo Special Stu...Feb 14 2020
Calculate the resistance value in ohms for the following conductance values: (a) 0.001 S (b) 0.01 S (c) 0.1 S (d) 1 S.Jul 31 2020
There are three clerks in an office that performs regular typing working. The first clerk has an error of 2%, the second clerk has an error rate of 4%, and the third cler...Aug 05 2020
Lillian Fok is president of Lakefront Manufacturing, a producer of bicycle tires. Fok makes 1, 200 tires per day with the following resources: Labor: 425 hours per day @ ...Jul 25 2020
Consider the following two-stage production process with a buffer between the two stages: Stage 1 => Wait => Stage 2.The first stage operates on an 8-hour shift, and has ...Nov 10 2017
What should Raju do now to check both Madan and Balbir from going to the street future >May 28 2020
Write an essay about How can a portfolio manager use beta to manage a portfolio Give examples of different types of strategies The essay should be one page long Write an ...Feb 13 2020