Return on Investment and Economic Value Added Calculations with Varying Assumptions Knitpix Products is a division of Parker Textiles Inc. During the coming year, it expects to earn income of $310,000 based on sales of $3.45 million. Without any new investments, the division will have average operating assets of $3 million. The division is considering a capital investment project—adding knitting machines to produce gaiters—that requires an additional investment of $600,000 and increases net income by $57,500 (sales would increase by $575,000). If made, the investment would increase beginning operating assets by $600,000 and ending operating assets by $400,000. Assume that the actual cost of capital for the company is 7 percent. (Note: Round all answers to four decimal places.) Required:
1. Compute the ROI for the division without the investment.
2. Compute the margin and turnover ratios without the investment. Show that the product of the margin and turnover ratios equals the ROI computed in Requirement 1.
3. Conceptual Connection: Compute the ROI for the division with the new investment. Do you think the divisional manager will approve the investment?
4. Conceptual Connection: Compute the margin and turnover ratios for the division with the new investment. How do these compare with the old ratios?
5. Conceptual Connection: Compute the EVA of the division with and without the investment. Should the manager decide to make the knitting machine investment?
A solution of formic acid has a pH of 2.70, what is the initial concentration of formic acid?Jul 29 2021
What happens to supply when the price of the commodity decreases?(A) No change insupply, but a movement along the supply curve.(B) Supply increases.(C) Supply decreases.(...Apr 26 2018
Assume â¬1 = $1.2762 and $1 = S$1.2522. A new coat costs S$187 in Singapore. How much will the identical coat cost in euros if absolute purchasing power parity exists?a....Jun 24 2021
Quesson 3 answered Demand for a product is forecasted for the six periods is 263, 256, 301, 312, 304, and 294. 1 a LEVEL PRODUCTION strategy is adopted with a constant pr...Apr 29 2021
Describe a small business in less than 50 words. Enlist and discuss the microeconomic and macroeconomic factor that may affect this business positively or negatively in t...Apr 18 2020
A firm evaluates all of its projects by applying the NPV decision rule. A project under consideration has the following cash flows: Year Cash Flow 0 -$ 28,100 1 12,1...Apr 08 2021
12 12 + 1 (1 + zd + 1 12Jun 02 2021
To check the accuracy of a new method, a standard copper alloy containing 23.24% Cu was analyzed and calculated to contain 23.17%. Calculate the relative error of the ...May 13 2021
Suppose a coworker just brought you a union leaflet urging employees to sign an authorization card. What questions would you ask of the union supporter? What may happen f...May 26 2020
A bank invests $18 million in a stock fund and $32 million in a bond fund. Use the following information. The volatility of the stock fund is 25% per annum. The volatilit...Aug 27 2020