Residual value, also referred to as salvage value, is the amount the company expects to receive from selling the asset at the end of its service life.
32. With the straight-line depreciation method, we allocate an equal amount of the depreciable cost to each year of the asset’s service life.
33. When a change in estimate is required, the company changes depreciation in prior, current and future years.
34. Straight-line depreciation assumes that the benefits we derive from the use of an asset are the same each year.
35. Declining-balance depreciation will be lower than straight-line depreciation in earlier years, but higher in later years.
36. In an activity-based depreciation method, we allocate an asset’s cost based on its use.
37. Straight-line produces a lower net income than accelerated methods in the earlier years of an asset’s life.
38. Straight-line, declining-balance, and activity-based depreciation all are acceptable depreciation methods for both financial reporting and tax reporting.
39. Most companies use straight-line amortization for intangibles and credit the amount of amortization to the intangible asset account itself rather than to Accumulated Amortization.
40. Goodwill is amortized over its estimated useful life.
Given the data in the above table, what is the marginal revenue when the 12th unit is sold?A) $7.00B) $5.00C) $3.00D) $1.0052) Given the data in the above table, what is ...Dec 09 2019
The 50-kg stone has a speed of vA = 8 m/s when it reaches point A. Determine the normal force it exerts on the incline when it reaches point B. Neglect friction and the ...Jun 03 2020
The Sawtooth National Forest established its first travel plan map in 1989. The travel plan map was reprinted in 2002. The maps show visitors to the area the system of ro...Jul 26 2021
Which of the following is not a benefit of statistical sampling?a. It allows auditors to be certain that fraud does not exist in a population.b. It is helpful when popula...Aug 14 2021
Unlike the aggregate demand curve, the aggregate supply curve does not usually shift independently. This is because the equation for the aggregate supply curve contains n...May 11 2020
Sort the items according to their impact on aggregate demand (AD):Jun 07 2021
You must select three peer-reviewed journal articles (http://lib.fit.edu/) to read and analyze. These articles must cover a topic in Organizational Behavior that you have...Nov 11 2017
Which of the following defines the law of demand?a) the lower the price of a commodity, the lower the quantity demanded of that commodityb) as the price of a commodity in...Jun 01 2021
Describe the relationship between quartiles and percentiles.Jul 10 2021
Is oxygen a homogeneous mixture?Jul 23 2021