Refer to the data for Janus Products, Inc., in Problem 8–17. The company’s president is inter- ested in knowing how reducing inventory levels and collecting accounts receivable sooner will impact the cash budget. He revises the cash collection and ending inventory assumptions as follows:
1. Sales continue to be 20% for cash and 80% on credit. However, credit sales from July, August, and September are collected over a three-month period with 25% collected in the month of sale, 60% collected in the month following sale, and 15% in the second month following sale. Credit sales from May and June are collected during the third quarter using the collection percentages specified in Problem 8–17.
2. The company maintains its ending inventory levels for July, August, and September at 25% of the cost of merchandise to be sold in the following month. The merchandise inventory at June 30 remains $18,000 and accounts payable for inventory purchases at June 30 remains
All other information from Problem 8–17 that is not referred to above remains the same.
1. Using the president’s new assumptions in (1) above, prepare a schedule of expected cash col- lections for July, August, and September and for the quarter in total.
2. Using the president’s new assumptions in (2) above, prepare the following for merchandise inventory:
a. A merchandise purchases budget for July, August, and September.
b. A schedule of expected cash disbursements for merchandise purchases for July, August, and September and for the quarter in total.
3. Using the president’s new assumptions, prepare a cash budget for July, August, September, and for the quarter in total.
4. Prepare a brief memorandum for the president explaining how his revised assumptions affect the cash budget.
Budding is a mechanism of ________ in yeasts.a. extracellular digestionb. asexual reproductionc. defensed. toxin productionJun 06 2021
Word problem for 7th grade helpp?Apr 28 2020
Which psychological theory discussed in the chapter do you think best explains the reasons for aggression? Provide reasons for your opinion.Feb 03 2020
Requiremets: Each student is required to write a review of relevant Management Information System scholarly journal articles. The review should relate to a topic in the c...Nov 09 2017
Personal income taxes are more important in industrial countries than in developing countries becausea.people are more willing to pay income tax in industrial countries.b...Dec 16 2019
Mordechay's Sump Pump and Mens ReaMordechay Sasy owns M & H Used Auto Parts & Cars, Inc. (defendants), a vehicle dismantling business, located in Queens County, New York....Jul 26 2021
You are to design, write, test, and debug a MARIE assembly language program that inputsJun 09 2020
Explain the effectiveness of monetary policy and itslimitations Provide an industry example to illustrate yourexplanationMar 24 2020
From the follo.wing estimates, calculate the average amount of working capital required.Average amount locked up in stock:Stock of finished goods and work-in-progress Rs....Apr 02 2021
How does the problem of limited and bundled choice in the public sector relate to economic efficiency? Why are public bureaucracies possibly less efficient than firms?. ...Dec 05 2019