Recording sales that include PST, GST, and HST in the sales journal.
1) Provincial Sales Tax Payable is a
A) liability account with a debit balance.
B) liability account with a credit balance.
C) contra-asset account with a debit balance.
D) contra-asset account with a credit balance.
2) The liability account used to record HST owed is
A) Sales Tax Expense.
B) Prepaid Taxes.
C) HST Payable.
3) Unlimited Materials sold goods for $1,800 plus 5% GST to a charge customer, terms n/30. Which entry is required to record this transaction?
A) Debit Accounts Receivable for $1,890; credit GST Payable $90 and credit Sales for $1,800
B) Debit Cash for $1,890; credit Sales for $1,890
C) Debit Accounts Receivable for $1,800; credit Sales for $1,800
D) Debit Accounts Receivable $1,890; credit Sales, $1,890
4) The contra-revenue accounts include
A) HST Payable.
B) Sales Returns and Allowances.
C) Sales Discount.
D) Both B and C are correct.
5) Sue's Jewelry sold 25 necklaces for $25 each to a credit customer. The invoice included a 6% provincial sales tax, 5% GST, and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. Five necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the original sale would include
A) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $693.75.
B) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $625.
C) a credit to Sales for $693.75.
D) a debit to Sales for $625.
6) Sold merchandise subject to HST at 13%, accepting cash. This will be recorded with
A) a credit to an asset account.
B) a credit to a liability account.
C) a credit to Capital.
D) None of these are correct.
7) The total of all cash and credit sales, net of HST, equals
A) sales returns and allowances.
B) net sales.
C) input tax credit.
D) gross sales.
8) The normal balance of the HST Collected is
A) a debit.
B) a credit.
9) PST Payable is a
A) revenue account with a credit balance.
B) cost of goods sold account with a debit balance.
C) contra revenue account with a debit balance.
D) liability account.
10) The normal balance of Provincial Sales Tax Payable is a credit.
11) HST collected by the seller increases the seller's total revenue.
12) Provincial Sales Tax Payable represents an asset on the books of the seller.
13) GST Collected is an owner's equity account with a debit balance.
14) PST Payable is a Liability Account.
15) Explain why the account Provincial Sales Tax Payable is credited when a sale is made subject to that tax?
Monetary Policy: Money, Credit, the Federal Reserve, and Interest RatesThink about the financial situation for your reference organization. If you're using an unconventio...Apr 29 2020
Pop Corporation purchased a 70 percent interest in Son Corporation on January 2, 2016, for $98,000, when Son had capital stock of $100,000 and retained earnings of $20,00...May 23 2020
Mr. Hamad, the finance manager of XYZ Company, has gathered the following condensed balance sheet items along with related ratios.Current assets O.R 5,000,000; total asse...May 14 2018
Kholdy Enterprises' outstanding bonds mature in 6 years, have a par value of $1,000, and make an annual coupon payment of $60. The market yield on the bond is currently 1...Apr 19 2020
Treasury bills are U.S. government bonds w/ a maturity of up to 1 yearNov 27 2017
Using the BCG matrix requires considering which of the following factors? (a)Types of risk associated with product development (b)Threats that economic conditions ca...Nov 29 2017
Do index funds tend to have many capital gains distributions? Do they tend to be tax efficient?Aug 14 2020
a. Compute the actual price with 90 days to expiration at $1 intervals from $30 to $50. b. Compute the estimated price with 90 days to expiration using a delta approxi...Nov 24 2019
The inverse market demand in a homogeneous- product Cournot duopoly is P = 200 – 3(Q1 + Q2) and costs are C1(Q1) = 26Q1 and C2( Q2) = 32Q2. a. Determine the reaction fun...Mar 29 2020
Radioactive lichen. Refer to the Alaskan Lichen Radionuclide Baseline Research study, presented in Exercise 7.39 (p. 318). In a sample of n = 9 lichen specimens, the rese...Aug 07 2020
Welcome to MyCourseHelp Services, World's leading Academic solutions provider with Millions of Happy Students.