Recording sales that include PST, GST, and HST in the sales journal.
1) Provincial Sales Tax Payable is a
A) liability account with a debit balance.
B) liability account with a credit balance.
C) contra-asset account with a debit balance.
D) contra-asset account with a credit balance.
2) The liability account used to record HST owed is
A) Sales Tax Expense.
B) Prepaid Taxes.
C) HST Payable.
3) Unlimited Materials sold goods for $1,800 plus 5% GST to a charge customer, terms n/30. Which entry is required to record this transaction?
A) Debit Accounts Receivable for $1,890; credit GST Payable $90 and credit Sales for $1,800
B) Debit Cash for $1,890; credit Sales for $1,890
C) Debit Accounts Receivable for $1,800; credit Sales for $1,800
D) Debit Accounts Receivable $1,890; credit Sales, $1,890
4) The contra-revenue accounts include
A) HST Payable.
B) Sales Returns and Allowances.
C) Sales Discount.
D) Both B and C are correct.
5) Sue's Jewelry sold 25 necklaces for $25 each to a credit customer. The invoice included a 6% provincial sales tax, 5% GST, and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. Five necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the original sale would include
A) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $693.75.
B) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $625.
C) a credit to Sales for $693.75.
D) a debit to Sales for $625.
6) Sold merchandise subject to HST at 13%, accepting cash. This will be recorded with
A) a credit to an asset account.
B) a credit to a liability account.
C) a credit to Capital.
D) None of these are correct.
7) The total of all cash and credit sales, net of HST, equals
A) sales returns and allowances.
B) net sales.
C) input tax credit.
D) gross sales.
8) The normal balance of the HST Collected is
A) a debit.
B) a credit.
9) PST Payable is a
A) revenue account with a credit balance.
B) cost of goods sold account with a debit balance.
C) contra revenue account with a debit balance.
D) liability account.
10) The normal balance of Provincial Sales Tax Payable is a credit.
11) HST collected by the seller increases the seller's total revenue.
12) Provincial Sales Tax Payable represents an asset on the books of the seller.
13) GST Collected is an owner's equity account with a debit balance.
14) PST Payable is a Liability Account.
15) Explain why the account Provincial Sales Tax Payable is credited when a sale is made subject to that tax?
The rectanglar block shown rotatesabout the diagonal OA with a constant angular velocity of 6.76rad/s. Knowing that the rotation iscounterclockwise as viewed fromA, deter...May 05 2020
The boiling point of methylcyclohexane (C7H14, MW 98.2) is 101°C. The boiling point of perfluoromethylcyclohexane (C7F14, MW 350) is 76C. Account for the fact that althou...Jun 17 2021
if a monopolist is charging a price such that marginal revenue is greater than marginal cost, then the monopolist a. will be earning profit b. will be earning losses c. w...Apr 14 2020
Give a brief overview of China's m-commerce market and its major players.2) Discuss the competition between Alibaba and Tencent.3) Discuss the opportunities and challenge...Apr 19 2020
A $1,000 par value bond is currently selling at a quote of 98.50. The bond has a coupon rate of 7% and 11 left to maturity. Interest is paid annually. What is the current...Aug 19 2021
Classify each of the following activities as proper or prohibited under the various consumer statutes you have studied. a. Calling a hospital room to talk to a debtor wh...Aug 07 2021
The weights of the potatoes is your garden is normally distributed. If the middle 95.44% weigh between 4.81 and 8.32 ounces, then what is the standard deviation of the we...Apr 16 2020
ACME is investigating the need to replace a combined water filtration pump and motor set (defender) with a more efficient running one (challenger). The market price for t...May 21 2021
Suppose that a drug company produces a new drug that cures baldness. The inverse demand curve for the drug is P = 205 â 20Q, where Q measures the number of pills in mil...Aug 23 2021
Indirect fraud occurs when a company's assets go directly into the perpetrator's pockets without the involvement of third parties.TrueFalseAug 12 2021