Home / Questions / Recording sales that include PST, GST, and HST in the sales journal. 1) Provincial Sales
Recording sales that include PST, GST, and HST in the sales journal.
1) Provincial Sales Tax Payable is a
A) liability account with a debit balance.
B) liability account with a credit balance.
C) contra-asset account with a debit balance.
D) contra-asset account with a credit balance.
2) The liability account used to record HST owed is
A) Sales Tax Expense.
B) Prepaid Taxes.
C) HST Payable.
3) Unlimited Materials sold goods for $1,800 plus 5% GST to a charge customer, terms n/30. Which entry is required to record this transaction?
A) Debit Accounts Receivable for $1,890; credit GST Payable $90 and credit Sales for $1,800
B) Debit Cash for $1,890; credit Sales for $1,890
C) Debit Accounts Receivable for $1,800; credit Sales for $1,800
D) Debit Accounts Receivable $1,890; credit Sales, $1,890
4) The contra-revenue accounts include
A) HST Payable.
B) Sales Returns and Allowances.
C) Sales Discount.
D) Both B and C are correct.
5) Sue's Jewelry sold 25 necklaces for $25 each to a credit customer. The invoice included a 6% provincial sales tax, 5% GST, and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. Five necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the original sale would include
A) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $693.75.
B) a debit to Accounts Receivable for $625.
C) a credit to Sales for $693.75.
D) a debit to Sales for $625.
6) Sold merchandise subject to HST at 13%, accepting cash. This will be recorded with
A) a credit to an asset account.
B) a credit to a liability account.
C) a credit to Capital.
D) None of these are correct.
7) The total of all cash and credit sales, net of HST, equals
A) sales returns and allowances.
B) net sales.
C) input tax credit.
D) gross sales.
8) The normal balance of the HST Collected is
A) a debit.
B) a credit.
9) PST Payable is a
A) revenue account with a credit balance.
B) cost of goods sold account with a debit balance.
C) contra revenue account with a debit balance.
D) liability account.
10) The normal balance of Provincial Sales Tax Payable is a credit.
11) HST collected by the seller increases the seller's total revenue.
12) Provincial Sales Tax Payable represents an asset on the books of the seller.
13) GST Collected is an owner's equity account with a debit balance.
14) PST Payable is a Liability Account.
15) Explain why the account Provincial Sales Tax Payable is credited when a sale is made subject to that tax?
Dec 06 2019 View more View Less
Students doing poorly in courses often consider dropping the courses. Many universities will only offer a refund up to a certain date. Should this affect their drop decisions?Mar 29 2020
On a circle of radius 11 km, how long is an arc that subtends a central angle of (a) 21 radians? (b) 110°? 3 (a) The length of the arc is km. (Type an exact answer, using...May 07 2021
A motor of mass m is mounted at the end of a cantilever beam and it is found that the beam deflects 10 mm. When the motor is running at 1800 rpm, an unbalanced force of...May 16 2020
A large firm has two divisions: an upstream division that is a monopoly supplier of an input whose only market is the downstream division that produces the final output. ...Jul 03 2021
Suppose Big Bank offers an interest rate of 10.0% on both savings and loans and Bank Enn offers an interest rate of 10.5% on both savings and loans. What profit opportun...Apr 22 2021
Give the correct set of quantum numbers (n, l, m, m.) for the highest energy electron in the ground state of sodium, Na (if more than one number is possible, list all pos...May 21 2021
What does globalization mean? Min of one paragraph What does it mean to be culturally competent? Min of one paragraph What are our obligations as citizens in a global s...Feb 06 2020
EconomicThe repairs to the bus cost $1,341.50. Who should pay this amount? Why?Jul 31 2021
Fix an exponential curve by method of least squares x 1 2 3 4 5 y 151 100 61 50 20 >Aug 04 2020
Discuss government and private sector intervention in the development of an electronic health record.Nov 29 2019